Terran Dawn Campaign Guide [Progress, Questions]

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Sturn
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Sturn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:17 am

BP wrote:I.e., take them in big into IrfanView, then resize them down (using the Lancoz filter) - this will 'blur' the edges (effectively anti-alias them).
Understood, thanks. I'm using an edition of OpenOffice that I believe had problems with anti-aliasing, so this may help a bunch.
BP wrote:If you just copy and paste from IrfanView, OpenOffice will probably save the image internally as a BMP, which will be huge compared to inserting a compressed format (like GIF/PNG).
I did this for lots of the small military icons. I just copied and pasted one at a time from a "master sheet" of several icons. This could be key to my problem.
BP wrote:Your simple graphics could be made in OpenOffice
I have a huge template of icons in AutoRealm, don't really want to start over. Hopefully the other suggestions improves things.
BP wrote:OpenOffice supports WMF format well, I suspect. EPS is another option....
Will fiddle with these, never used them before.
BP wrote:[*Sorry, I don't do layman well...]
Completely understood and thanks for the suggestions! :lol:
-Sturn
"I don't need a medal, God knows what I did" -

SGT William Hisle, US Army, WW2.
Terran Dawn Campaign Guide
Sturn's Shipyard!
BP
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BP » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Glad to be of help (and understandable).

P.S. The WMF (or Enhanced WMF -> EMF) is supported by AutoRealm, though IIRC, the user may need to have whatever font you use in the icons on their system (or the font must be embedded in the PDF - typically this is done automatically if the font is used elsewhere). If AutoRealm just 'draws' the font then there is no problem...
Sturn
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Sturn » Wed May 26, 2010 9:27 pm

PROGRESS

A small, 5-page Introduction to Terran Dawn is available. It's a quick read for those wanting to get a feel for the setting without having to read through the much larger chapters.

Available here or at the Terran Dawn website in my signature.
-Sturn

Sturn's Shipyard!
Sturn
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Sturn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Paul Dutton has released a free new Terran Dawn adventure, The Ice Fortress. The 29 page adventure involves a combat drop to infiltrate a fortress and rescue a captured agent. Perfect for a mercenary, military, or espionage campaign. It includes maps, starships, deckplans, and vehicles. While it is designed for CT, it should be easily adapted for MGT.

Find The Ice Fortress in the Terran Dawn link in my signature.
-Sturn

Sturn's Shipyard!
JBRocky
Stoat

Re: Terran Dawn Campaign Guide [Progress, Questions]

Postby JBRocky » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:53 pm

I know I am reviving this from a centuries long cold sleep but does anyone know if Sturn has done more but just hasn't posted it on his website? Its an awesome setting and while I can fill in the blanks I think he is doing a great job and would love to what he has done.
Tom Kalbfus
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Tom Kalbfus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:01 am

Since where talking pre-third Imperium, what is the Terran year of this setting, that is AD? I believe Tech level 11 means Jump-2, but you could still have starships that store enough fuel for multiple jumps, say for instance 40% of the hull volume for 2 Jump-2s, it would just take 2 weeks to cross 4 parsecs instead of 1 week with a Jump-4. People would make more use of low berths, because what was a 1 month journey at tech level 15 is a 2 month journey at tech level 11.
cliffbates65
Shrew

Postby cliffbates65 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Does anyone have any ship/equipt designs they like to share dealing with the Old Earth Union period? I am old CT player who returning to the game.. but am very interested in the early pre 3rd Imperium universe. I loved Interstellar Wars by SJG, but am not a fan of the GRUPS system.

Also does anyone know what the symbol of the OEU was? Was it the old Terran Confederation symbol or what?
Tom Kalbfus
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Tom Kalbfus » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Perhaps this would be useful:
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=116876&p=891504#p891504
It is the Alpha Centauri (Prometheus) system or my version of it, it is sufficiently generic that it might be used in this campaign.
Meeko100
Weasel

Postby Meeko100 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with Sturn's website?

Just stumbled on this, and in wondering if there's any new developments. Found some PDF on the COTI forums, but I'm not sure they're up to date. The work on them is absolutely great, and I love the lower tech setting. Sometimes it feels TL11-15 is often the considerable refinement of the ideas in TL10 or 11, with neat new (magi)tech being in the ones just beyond what the OTU does.

Just can't seem to get his website working, at least on my little tablet.