Homebrew
13%
Other
8%

Total votes: 84
Loz
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Loz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:00 am

Klaus Kipling wrote:I voted Strontium Dog. I tried to make my own SD rpg back when I was 9 and had just discovered ADnD.

But of course the OTU is on the list. My version feels like Stronty Dog anyhow. Be nice to have some fun, game driving bounty hunter rules, though.
I voted SD too. Coz I'm the one writing it. :lol:
What am I supposed to say?
Where are the words to answer you,
When you talk that way?

Rush - Spindrift
The Greek
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Greek » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:13 am

I went with Stronty Dog too, since I also did my own game (with my brother) back in the day, based around the old GW Dredd and RQ rules.

I would probably end up playing more Dredd - it will just be nice to have a game out for one of 2000AD characters that has not been done before.

Besides anything that will allow me to put in my favourite Middenface McNulty quote ('If it was subtlety ye wanted, you should have hired Liberace!') is all good.
wibble.
Garuda
Stoat

Postby Garuda » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Judge Dredd gets my vote.

Now if only I could find some more info around here on JD and when its likely to be released.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun". - Capt E. Blackadder.
dmccoy1693
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby dmccoy1693 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:06 pm

Loz wrote:I voted SD too. Coz I'm the one writing it. :lol:
Any idea when SD is suppose to come out? Is it going to be a stand alone game or is it going to require the Traveller Main Book?
Download our newest book: Solomani Worlds: Vehicles of the Rim today.

Dale McCoy, Jr.
Jon Brazer Enterprises
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:12 pm

I went with Travellon 5.

I LOVE Traveller and I LOVE Babylon 5, so it would be the best of both worlds for me.

OTU is important too. I would like them to do sourcebooks on the different Milieu as well. Get a Rebellion Book, a 1200 book, a 1248 book, even a Milieu Zero book out for the new rules.

The Milieu books would also cover character generation differences for the various Milieus. So you could generate a Marine in Milieu 0 and be able to see the differences from her and one rolled up during the Rebellion. (And there should be differences)
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.
Gruffty the Hiver
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Gruffty the Hiver » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:26 pm

RTT wrote:even a Milieu Zero book out for the new rules.
...complete with broken UWPs? :lol: :twisted:
Golan2072
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Golan2072 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:31 pm

Rikki Tikki Traveller wrote:The Milieu books would also cover character generation differences for the various Milieus. So you could generate a Marine in Milieu 0 and be able to see the differences from her and one rolled up during the Rebellion. (And there should be differences)
The main differences would be in the Event tables - each era should have appropriate events (Milieu 0 should mention ruined worlds, the Classic Era typically involves short border wars with the Zhodani, the Rebellion has faction-wars and TNE has Vampire Fleets and TEDs). Military services in wartime milieux (Rebellion and TNE) would possibly have harder survival rolls but easier promotion rolls.
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:45 pm

That was my first thought as well, but I could see some changes in the skill tables too.

A Zhodani marine probably doesn't get Cutlass skill and a TNE:1248 Republic of Regina Scout might have different skills in the table than a Scout during Milieu Zero or even the Classic Era.

Not big changes maybe, but I could see Imperial Navy Officer skills NOT having Liaison in Milieu 0, but getting it later on, as an example, as the service moved from a true military to a decadent group ruled by the nobels (if that is your take).

I was envisioning something like the Citizens of the Imperium LBB, but with LOTS of different variations on the basic character careers.
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.
Geirunni
Shrew

Postby Geirunni » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:29 am

I will be running an OTU:1248 campaign in a few months myself......
Geirunni (A.K.A. William J. Wilson)
Member of the T5 Sewing Circle and 1248 Advocate
"Ghakse faeng faeng faeng faengeg; dzedzdhougz faeng faeng kufaeng udheg."~ Old Vargr Proverb (Gvegh)
Dove
Cub

Postby Dove » Tue May 06, 2008 2:19 pm

I will try to convert the rules to the New Era
C. Chapman
Banded Mongoose

Postby C. Chapman » Tue May 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Definitely Strontium Dog (yet another, "I created a SD rpg back in the day" voice). It's absolutely perfect as an rpg setting in every way possible.

cheers!
Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway, etc.!
Veteran Freelancer - a|state, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, Hellas, Hollow Earth Expedition, Iron Kingdoms, Talislanta, Waste World, Wild Talents, etc.
danbuter
Mongoose

Postby danbuter » Tue May 06, 2008 11:56 pm

I will have to look into Strontium Dog, as I've never heard of it until now. Is it some type of British show/book?

I voted for Starship Troopers, though I'd LOVE to see a TNE book.
Dan
-Daniel-
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby -Daniel- » Wed May 07, 2008 12:01 am

danbuter wrote:I will have to look into Strontium Dog, as I've never heard of it until now. Is it some type of British show/book?
Here is a good start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strontium_Dog

Daniel
daryen
Mongoose

Postby daryen » Wed May 07, 2008 2:59 am

Grendel_T_Troll wrote:I will be running an OTU:1248 campaign in a few months myself......
I will point out that all three 1248 books (so far, a fourth should be released shortly) and all virtually systemless. And what very few stats are present (UWPs mostly, plus a few UPPs) are all CT, and so should easily work with MGT.

So, if you want to run a 1248 campaign with MGT, all you have to do is buy the setting you want: Fourth Imperium, Spinward States, or (soon) Freedom League.
Cowboy
Mongoose

Postby Cowboy » Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 am

OTU. No interest in any of the others.

There should be no difference for chargen between a rebellion-era character and a classic-era character. The rebellion era is pretty short, so if rebellion-era stuff happened to you during chargen, then you're most likely not actually playing in the rebellion era but in the hard times era. ;~)

OK, I suppose one could add a single rebellion events table to use for one event at the end of chargen. Actually, that might be pretty cool. If it were made as a d66 table with, for example, a +1 to the tens die for military type characters, a -1 for characters in non-combatant careers (entertainer, citizen, scholar, noble) and modifiers to the ones doe based on Soc, it could still have events specific to certain types of careers or characters.
pasuuli
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby pasuuli » Wed May 07, 2008 5:48 pm

Travellon 5, although I mainly want it with High Guard stats so I can play out B5 squadron battles using Traveller rules.

I'm also somewhat interested in Starship Troopers, due to its infantry-heavy combat setting. Again, wargaming with Traveller rather than RP.

And a homebrew Traveller RP setting based on Firefly.
Blustar
Weasel

Postby Blustar » Sun May 11, 2008 7:08 pm

HOw about an official version of Star Trek? Didn't the license fall through recently with Decipher?
AKAmra
Banded Mongoose

Postby AKAmra » Mon May 12, 2008 5:54 am

Blustar wrote:HOw about an official version of Star Trek? Didn't the license fall through recently with Decipher?
This would rock!
-Daniel-
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby -Daniel- » Mon May 12, 2008 6:19 am

Blustar wrote:HOw about an official version of Star Trek? Didn't the license fall through recently with Decipher?
Star Trek is one of those settings that I love so much and yet have not had any try to RPG go well. maybe I have had bad luck with the groups I have been in, but it never seems to work out. :(

But I am a sucker so I would look at it of course. :oops:

:D

Daniel
AKAramis
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby AKAramis » Mon May 12, 2008 9:01 am

Reading their press releases, no. They have simply opted to sit on the license for the last year or two of it.
-AKAramis
==================================================
Never catch a tiger by the tail...
... unless it is sedated or dead.
==================================================
http://aramis.hostman.us