Page 1 of 1

Plastic Minis?

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:25 pm
by Tyrant
Does anyone have any suggestions for using cheap plastic minis to represent PC's and NPC's in Traveller?

I was toying with the idea of hunting down a few Halo Heroclix figs, since they look like Battle dressed troops, but I was also hoping to find stuff to represent bounty hunters and space pirates and goons and the like. Maybe a few aliens.

Re: Plastic Minis?

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:33 pm
by Sturn
Tyrant wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for using cheap plastic minis to represent PC's and NPC's in Traveller?

I was toying with the idea of hunting down a few Halo Heroclix figs, since they look like Battle dressed troops, but I was also hoping to find stuff to represent bounty hunters and space pirates and goons and the like. Maybe a few aliens.
I have a large Wizards Star Wars minis collection, some of them have a Traveller appearance. I wouldn't go buy the randomn boxes, you would get alot of stuff you can't use. But, you could look online for individual figures. Some of them are as cheap as $1 or even less, but gotta buy all from one place or the shipping might hurt you.

The only problem I would see is if you used them along with standard metal true 25mm figures. There will be a glaring size difference, the Star Wars minis would be much larger. I have tons of Star Wars minis, but don't use them for Traveller because they are too big to be used along side my true Traveller collection.

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:46 am
by qstor
I got a few of the WOTC Star wars minis mostly human figs to use in Traveller games.

I like the soft plastic ones cause I can't paint and they don't break when you throw them around in a backpack :)

Mike

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:52 am
by Bishop Odo
If you want to get creative, some of the Star Wars alien spices really have human bodies and a simple head swap can get you some extra human figures. The Rodians, Duros and few others are really great figs.

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:02 pm
by Jame Rowe
I too use the SWM.

How about Mongoose doing a new Traveller minis line? I hope I hope I hope, ihopeihopeihopeihope???

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:03 am
by FallingPhoenix
Ground Zero Games seems to be a good place for inexpensive sci-fi minis in multiple sizes.

FP, trying to find good deckplans for a marine assault.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:50 pm
by qstor
FallingPhoenix wrote: FP, trying to find good deckplans for a marine assault.
IIRC the SJG deckplans have roughly 25mm squares as well as hexes. They might work. I think they're out of print but you can get them on Ebay or Interet game stores.

Mike

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:00 pm
by Sturn
qstor wrote:
FallingPhoenix wrote: FP, trying to find good deckplans for a marine assault.
IIRC the SJG deckplans have roughly 25mm squares as well as hexes. They might work. I think they're out of print but you can get them on Ebay or Interet game stores.

Mike
I have both SJG Gurps deckplans and Megatraveller deckplans. I wouldn't buy any Gurps plans if I were you. They are HUGE. Your dining room table will be too small for the deckplans. Stick with MT deckplans, or just get some 1" graph paper from an Office Max/Depot and draw your own based upon whatever source you can find - CT books, online plans, etc.