Page 1 of 1

Second Preview

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:38 am
by msprange
Hi guys,

The next preview for Traveller has just been posted, offering a little peek into Combat, Encounters and Equipment.

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:34 pm
by rust
I really like it, and I hope the German translation will be equally good. :D

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:03 pm
by Golan2072
Looking VERY good, though I have three problems with the second preview:

1) There are apparently less equipment graphics than I've hoped; the melee weapon pics on p.98, for example, show only a few of the available weapons and even those aren't matched with the appropriate weapons.

2) The ACR doesn't include an integral grenade launcher, contrary to its CT-LBB4 description and to its image as Aliens "Pulse Rifle".

3) What's the difference between a Club and an Improvised Weapon? I mean, if you pick up a heavy length of pipe you'll have an efficient club in your hands. Or are improvised weapons more fragile items such as bottles and the less sturdy versions of bar stools? :)

Still, a very exciting preview. I can't wait to get the book itself...

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:13 pm
by msprange
A steel pipe would be a club. An improvised weapon would be a chair, table, rock, whatever comes to hand, really :)

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:29 pm
by -Daniel-
Golan2072 wrote: 2) The ACR doesn't include an integral grenade launcher, contrary to its CT-LBB4 description and to its image as Aliens "Pulse Rifle".
Not to be too picky, but the LBB4 ACR does not have an integral grenade launcher. Based on page 36 of the LBB4 the Advanced Combat Rifle has: "the muzzle of the rifle includes an intregal flash suppressor and adaptor for launching a 40mm RAM shoot through grenade (see blow)"

Then under the grenades it tells how the RAm can be fired as a "Rifle" grenade.

I remember how sad I was even back in the late 70's because once again CT missed the future with the direction they went. They made their ACR use WWII technology.

But if this MGT is trying to stay true to the LBBs then they met their goal.

On a side note though, MGT does include in the option list an underslung RAM Launcher thet could be added to any rifle, so now you can have that ACR with the GL set up unlike the LBB4.

Daniel

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:11 pm
by Emperor Herdan
The only "addition" I would like to see to the RAM grenade is the HEAP version.

Just to deal with those pesky BD troops. (smile).

Take Care

E.Herdan

what is LBB4?

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:42 pm
by 10harold66
Been away for a long, long time and don't recognize this acronym.

Thanks!

sorry

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:43 pm
by 10harold66
sorry...

I meant, what does the LBB4 acronym stand for?

Thanks.

Re: sorry

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:53 pm
by -Daniel-
10harold66 wrote:sorry...

I meant, what does the LBB4 acronym stand for?

Thanks.
LBB4 = Little Black Book #4 Mercenary :D

Daniel

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:44 pm
by Golan2072
dafrca wrote:Not to be too picky, but the LBB4 ACR does not have an integral grenade launcher. Based on page 36 of the LBB4 the Advanced Combat Rifle has: "the muzzle of the rifle includes an intregal flash suppressor and adaptor for launching a 40mm RAM shoot through grenade (see blow)"
Heh... I guess that I've house-ruled the ACR's grenade launcher to be underbarrel for so long I've forgotten its shoot-through origins...

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:07 pm
by -Daniel-
Golan2072 wrote:
dafrca wrote:Not to be too picky, but the LBB4 ACR does not have an integral grenade launcher. Based on page 36 of the LBB4 the Advanced Combat Rifle has: "the muzzle of the rifle includes an intregal flash suppressor and adaptor for launching a 40mm RAM shoot through grenade (see blow)"
Heh... I guess that I've house-ruled the ACR's grenade launcher to be underbarrel for so long I've forgotten its shoot-through origins...
Yah, we made it that way in my original group almost from the first time I read the LBB4 so I know what you mean. :D

Later, we went with 20mm Grenades and made the launcher a three shot. What can I say, we were in love with the Aliens movie. :lol:

Daniel