Apologies if these have been covered before. Book 3
Good call on designed the ships using Aerospace Engineer's Handbook to design the ships in the game. However some might not purchase Aerospace Engineer's Handbook. This is all good as 2300 would turn into a mini-Aerospace Engineer's Handbook with explanations of software and systems added.
OMS Rocket: Presumedly this is Orbital Manoeuvring System? Whats the difference between OMS and a Thruster? Do OMS only work in orbits and cannot be used to takeoff from planets? Page 39 has Oribital Manoeuvring taking place between th eLow Orbit and the Wall, so related to this?
Aconit frigate has Thruster (Air-Breathing, UPP Size 8, Effective UPP Size -3). It also has 6 Burn Points for the Thruster. From page 37, ignoring time to obit and a size 8 world, do we treat this world as size 5? So it uses 4 burn points to Low orbit and 5 burn points to the Wall? Does this also apply to Planetary Capture (page 42) - I guess so otherwise most ships would lack sufficient burns to perform planetary capture.
Starship Operations (starts on page 32)
This blew me away with the detail given and simplicity!
1) Civil fission reactors using Thorium. Inspired choice.
2) Kaefer ships using methane-oxygen reaction fuel
5) Ship certification and Insurance costs and reasons
6) Darlan G2 mining laser as a weapon. Very sci-fi atmospheric.
Interface Operations (page 33) and The Beanstalk (also page 33)
Beanstalks are only mentioned on Earth and Beta Can Ventaticorum. Page 84 also mentions on on Mars. Are there two or three Beanstalks in known 2300AD space? A their done I spanned for Tirane according to the second section, so the Mars one is an error?
Beanstalk Climber (Page 34)
This is also given on pages 84-85
Could the page 34 one be deleted and a mini-Aerospace Engineer's Handbook sidebar added explaining the OMS and Thruster Burn point above?
Beowulf Example (page 39)
Beowulf is a Size 8 world. Low Orbit is Size x 30 kms or 240 km. The example on page 39 seems to be in error showing 320 km
Discharging (page 43)
What is orbit required to be at 0.1G to discharge? Is this Low orbit in game terms?
Solar Panels (page 46)
Typo - "The solar panels can be deployed to sue (typo: should be "use") the fuel cells to crack waste water back into fuel, and run the ship's systems in the meantime"
Batteries (Page 48)
This appears in the Remote Onjects section. Shouldn't it be in the Power Plant section on pages 45-46? It seems to be included on Power Storage Modules on page 46.
Operating Costs (page 48)
ReMass Frontier Cost is missing
Trade - Interface Costs (Page 49)
1) I cannot find a reference to a Tether. Is this similar to a Beanstalk but does not actually touch the ground?
Laser Weapons (page 60)
Type 17 PDC has a Rapid Fire trait. This is not in the 2300Ad Weapon Tarist on page 59, High Guard for the Core Traveller book. Should this be Auto?
Sauvetage-5 lifeboat (page 64)
1) Height given as 10 m, who does not seem to match the illustration.
2) Mercy-7 is mentioned, but I cannot find mention of this anywhere.
Saurin Systesm Nécessite 10-to drop pod (Page 65)
1) The Bridge has "Autopilot," and the price comparison between this the Sauvetage-5 costs suggests some Bridge details are missing?
2) The Width of 5.32 meters does not seem to match the 6 squares x 1.5 meters or 9 M+ of the plan view
Martel 60-ton fighter (page 78)
1) Mentions the EA1000 weapons. This is not listed on page 60. Could I suggest removing the Kaefer 'Grumbler' from page 60 as it is already listed on page 111. Then add EA1000 to page 60?
Trilon C-System Special Service Vessel, SSV-21 (page 98)
Passengers has ??? Comfort +1. What does the ??? stand for?
American Linear Reaction Products 'Libert' Colonial Transport (Page 101-103)
I'm struggling to work out the floor plan on page 102, but
1) is the section with the two lifts wrapped around the centre portion? This matches the lifts on page 103.
2) Is so the Acces tubes (10) go out to each of the four map sections (A,B, C, D)?
3) Perhaps mark each lift as 10A, 10B, 10C, 10D or similar?
Kaefer 'Geist' (page 110)
Where would the Shrine be?
2) Brdge should be Bridge
9) Heaqt sinks should be Heat sinks