[Pirates of Drinax] Detailed fleet lists

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

[Pirates of Drinax] Detailed fleet lists

Postby Pyromancer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 pm

There are abstract "fleet strength" values for some of the planets, but that's too abstract for me. Has anyone made a list of ships (including SDBs and other ships not jump capable) each planet has? My players are starting to think about playing some planets against others, and I want to handle what might ensue en detail.
Ursus Maior
Mongoose

Re: [Pirates of Drinax] Detailed fleet lists

Postby Ursus Maior » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:21 am

These lists don't exist in books, so it's pretty much "whatever you want in your campaign". Drinax for example has nothing larger than SDBs and a few jump-capable ships, but none over 100 dtons.
liber et infractus
Grievous
Cub

Postby Grievous » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:18 pm

I've given this some thought and I've also ran all the worlds involved through my super-excel which does (among other things) the T4 Pocket Empires calculations on them, which gives some fleet/SDB suggestions (which quite often contradict some ideas from the Drinax books - basically most of the worlds in the Outrim Void are pretty insignificant). I'll see if I can share some insights based on that later, but yeah, basically it's a bit of a hassle to develop things to this detail level.
Condottiere
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Condottiere » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Trillion Credit offers some formulas, but that might work out in a naval campaign, and give imbalanced results elsewhere.

Generally speaking, most navies maintain some form of balance of power in the sense that what they have is enough of a deterrent that they aren't considered easy meat, unless there's a clear hegemony.
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

Postby Pyromancer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:59 pm

I have crunched some numbers for the non-Imperial, non-Aslan worlds in Sindal, Borderlands, Tlaiowaha and Tobia where my players will likely be most active. Worlds with significant fleets (= at least one jump-capable ship with some firepower) are:
Vorito
Browne
Dolberg
Pourne
Ace
Iilgan
Oghma
Clarke
Chalchiutlicue
Sperle
Boulder
Borite
Salif
Villane
Byrni

The next step is to come up with actual ships.

(Because of events in my campaign, a newly united Inurin owns two derelict, barely functional Imperial battlecruisers, but that's another story)