@paltrysum. Next adventure

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
MonkeyX
Banded Mongoose

@paltrysum. Next adventure

Postby MonkeyX » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:25 pm

After picking up Makergod a few weeks ago I picked up @paltrysum two other adventures. Both are great and fill in a lot about the systems they are set in and give stuff I’d love to see in Moongoose’s I’ve stuff like system breakdowns and planetary maps. My question is though, TKtk convergence and Ironspike are two parts of a trilogy, when is the third one coming out.
paltrysum
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: @paltrysum. Next adventure

Postby paltrysum » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:22 am

Thanks for the question, MonkeyX. First of all, I'm so glad that you enjoyed The Tktk Convergence, Iron Spine, and Makergod. After the success of those adventures, I was hired by Mongoose to write for their official line. They've kept me pretty busy, which has prevented me from doing more TAS adventures and from completing an official conclusion to the trilogy. However...my first published Mongoose adventure, Exodus, is essentially the third part of the trilogy. I wrote it as a standalone adventure, so it doesn't have a proper link to the conclusion of Iron Spine, but if you can get your players to nearby Hteakya (one parsec away from Yero'ilra, where Iron Spine concludes), you can run Exodus as the third part of the trilogy. The start of Exodus has the Travellers on Acis to start, but they are quickly whisked away to Hteakya where the adventure starts in earnest. If you skip the Acis part of the story, you can jump right to Hteakya and roll right into the next chapter of the story. It will require a little transitional hocus pocus on the part of the referee, but after an escape from Yero'ilra to Hteakya, you can drop right into the action of Exodus.

Sorry about the somewhat stilted transition between adventures, but if you're interested in running it as a trilogy, this is a great way to do it. Here's a link to Exodus if you're interested:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/27 ... ler+exodus

In addition, Mongoose will soon be publishing The Glorious Empire, a complete sourcebook that I wrote that describes the Empire in detail, including tons of adventure hooks and campaign ideas. Personally, I think it's one of the most exciting regions in the Trojan Reach sector and can be the site of a series of adventures or an entire campaign.
Last edited by paltrysum on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My published Traveller adventures on DriveThruRPG:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php ... %20Griffen
MonkeyX
Banded Mongoose

Re: @paltrysum. Next adventure

Postby MonkeyX » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:04 am

Excellent. Thank you. I will look into Exodus as shifting the ex-slaves is actually something my players undertook without the adventure but the adventure may provide a more elegant solution. A Glorious Empir book would be something very interesting indeed.