Postby EwanS » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:42 pm

Just got an email from DTRPG
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/31 ... e_rem=7242
When can I order the printed version 😊
Ursus Maior
Mongoose

Re: Drinaxian Compnaion

Postby Ursus Maior » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:10 pm

If you buy it from the Mongoose warehouse (US or UK repsectively), you can do now. :)
liber et infractus
MonkeyX
Banded Mongoose

Postby MonkeyX » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:27 am

As a side note, as the companion name checks shadows of Sindal do we have an eta on that yet?
Also, is there a good place to write up any mistakes spotted in the book before it goes to print?
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 am

MonkeyX wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:27 am
As a side note, as the companion name checks shadows of Sindal do we have an eta on that yet?
Also, is there a good place to write up any mistakes spotted in the book before it goes to print?
You are welcome to cite any issues right here, we will see them!

As for Shadows of Sindal, it is all laid out right now and we are just collating art - expect to see it before the end of July (along with a couple of new adventures!).
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
MonkeyX
Banded Mongoose

Postby MonkeyX » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:51 am

Ok. Page 200 Reach Trader crew list Administrators stewards seems to be mashed into 1 word.
MonkeyX
Banded Mongoose

Postby MonkeyX » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:07 pm

Page 84. Last paragraph first line “ the tanks and their associated” is missing the n in “and”.
MonkeyX
Banded Mongoose

Postby MonkeyX » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Page 177, the pinnacle of knowledge seems to be out of place and presumably should be in the rumours section.
Garran
Stoat

Postby Garran » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:00 am

Gods of Marduk, P.101, top of right hand column, the ship's name is missing:

"Maris has secured the services of the , a large and mostly-automated industrial trawler..."

So is the name of the submarine:

"When not diving into the depths, the submarine (imaginatively named ) will rest on a cradle..."
Garran
Stoat

Postby Garran » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:41 am

Garran wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:00 am
Gods of Marduk, P.101, top of right hand column, the ship's name is missing:

"Maris has secured the services of the , a large and mostly-automated industrial trawler..."

So is the name of the submarine:

"When not diving into the depths, the submarine (imaginatively named ) will rest on a cradle..."

Reading through the rest of the adventure, the names are missing in every spot where they should appear in the text!
Ursus Maior
Mongoose

Postby Ursus Maior » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:28 am

That is strange, a previously released PDF version named the ship 'Marduk Lightfoot'. The sentence goes: "Maris has secured the services of the Marduk Lightfoot, [...]"

It seems a still older version made it into the Drinaxian Companion? Man, I hope the Companion gets updated as a PDF and the printed version doesn't contain all the errors still in the current PDF.
liber et infractus
Annatar Giftbringer
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Great book! Collecting all the previously digital-only expansion ebooks in one volume (and in print!) plus new material like base-building rules and new ships? Me like!

Personally I especially enjoyed seeing more Sindalian ship classes, fleshing out their empire and navy!

A few comments, questions etc below:

P.79 refers to an “open-space cargo transfer system” on p.170 - should be p.178.

P.178 offworld construction platform should probably have its mass in tons rather than kg.

P.189 “Secondary armament is located in the ‘wing roots’,
in much the same position as a Harrier class raider carries its turrets.”
That was true in 1st edition, but the current Harrier has dorsal/ventral weaponry.

“Although more lightly armoured than a Harrier”
They both have armour 4.

P.190 the Rorix appears to lack any form of stealth, unlike the Harrier class. Might be intentional due to the extreme cost of superior stealth, but it might prove dangerous for the Rorix if they’re the only ship the enemy can see (and thus attack) during a battle.

Of course, this would also open up for sneaky tactics when the enemy find out too late that they aren’t fighting a single ship, but a squadron... :)

P.192 the key and plan for the Rorix’ lower deck might need some cleanup. I’m pretty sure whatever’s labeled as 3 isn’t a luxury stateroom, looks a bit small and filled with machinery :)

There are also a couple of unmarked rooms, like the two on the port side with dining tables. Presumably they are crew common room and briefing room?

Is the countermeasures suite supposed to have a dining table? Might not be a bad idea actually, for long work shifts :)

Cargo bay external access?

P.194 recommended crew for the Cestion looks a bit off... Astrogator on a non-jump capable ship? No gunners?

Other than that, I like this design! Superheavy fighter/strike boat, all it needs is a carrier so it can accompany the Rorix/Harrier strike teams - though each Rorix can carry two thanks to their docking clamps, as long as the squadron settles for j-1...

Po.202-213 haven’t really looked at these in detail, but I like the concept! Chemical thrusters (and their associated large fuel tanks) surprised me at first, but when I looked at the price tag for modules it all made sense!
Ursus Maior
Mongoose

Postby Ursus Maior » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Page 195, the Cestion Strike Boat:

The fluff text box speaks of gunners, but the crew roster mentions none. Also, a captain is named in the fluff, but not in the roster, although an astrogator is listed, but not named in fluff.

Additionally, it's called a boat and consequently has not j-drive. It also features a barbette and a single pulse laser turret, which would be in line with a small craft of 70 dtons or more. But, at least to my understanding, being a 100 dton construction it's technically no longer a small craft and cannot field to weapon systems in seperate mounts, as it would have only one hardpoint. As per Highguard, it does not have the three firmpoints of, let's say, a 95 dton shuttle, which could mount the specified mix of single turret and barbette.

To make things even more awkward, the power consumption of all weapons and screens installed totals to 45 points, which is correct for a spaceship with this weapons and screen layout, but not a small craft, installing the weapons in firmpoints: as these would reduce both the range and the power consumption of both weapons.

Solution: Decide, if it's supposed to be a small craft, i. e. of 95 dtons, or a spacecraft of 100 dtons and adjust stats and write-up according to Highguard.

EDIT: found a spelling error, sorry for the inconvenience.
Last edited by Ursus Maior on Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liber et infractus
Annatar Giftbringer
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:23 am

Nice catch, Ursus Maior! I didn’t look that close, just assumed that it was firmpoint-based due to the weapon setup.

So, how many of you are tempted/going to add a Rorix command ship to the campaign? Perhaps as a mid-campaign upgrade reward? :)
Ursus Maior
Mongoose

Postby Ursus Maior » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:29 pm

You bet I will! But my group is only 2/3 through Honour Among Thieves, so the Rorix can wait. I'm thinking about including one in The Treasure of Sindal. I'm waiting for Shadows of Sindal to decide what's going to happen when and if, though.
liber et infractus
JRoss
Banded Mongoose

Postby JRoss » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:30 pm

I'm happy that I got this book. One thing that I do wonder about is that the section with the rumours of Sindal seems to be spread out. Like not all of the rumours are in one spot. I don't have the PDF in front of me now, but like three rumours are in one section, then part of another chapter, then a few more rumours.
Freelance S&P Traveller contributor
Squirrel - Your Best Friend
Fox - Beware of Lies

Do you really want to spend your entire lives praying for longevity? We were born in order to die!
Thunderegg Productions
Ursus Maior
Mongoose

Postby Ursus Maior » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:08 pm

Yes, I was wondering about that, too. The adventure PDFs are interrupting the first set of rumours from the last and the following Central Supply Catalogue. That looks like a bad insertion during edit.
liber et infractus
Geir
Mongoose

Postby Geir » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:43 pm

To continue with errata:
p. 35 the chart on the bottom has Theev as TL E; it should be F.
And on the map, Palindrome should have water, so it should be a blue world.
Geir Lanesskog
www.geir.org
Geir
Mongoose

Postby Geir » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:44 pm

oh, and also p. 35 "Imperial Navel Base" ?
Geir Lanesskog
www.geir.org
Geir
Mongoose

Postby Geir » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:48 pm

*sigh*
this is why I usually wait until I'm done to post all the errors. The heading on the table (still page 35) says: "Gas Gaints" Gas Giants
Since I'm not trying to spike my post count, I'll hold off with any others and dump them in a single post.....
(but, "Trade codes" vs "Travel Codes" - one is Codes is capitalized, the other not.)
Geir Lanesskog
www.geir.org
MonkeyX
Banded Mongoose

Postby MonkeyX » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:55 pm

Should the base components section come after the base building rules? They seem a little out of place where they are.