A fatigued Traveller suffers a Bane to all checks. A fatigued Traveller who continues exhausting work must make an END or Athletics (END) check — with a Bane for being fatigued — or fall unconscious.
A Traveller can become fatigued in several ways.
- Staying awake for a number of hours greater than 18 + his END modifier.
- Performing heavy labor for a number of hours greater than her END score.
- Making a number of melee attacks greater than his END score in a single combat.
- Going without food for a number of days greater than her END score.
- When he suffers END damage caused by thirst, hypothermia, heatstroke, or breathing difficulties.
Stims can treat fatigue, but there’s no specific rules on natural recovery from fatigue. Fatigue can have many causes, each requiring different treatment. Physical exhaustion could be recovered with 1Dx10 minutes of catching your breath and hydrating. While fatigue caused by lack of sleep can only be recovered by getting the sleep you need. Fatigue caused by starvation or thirst can only be remedied by eating and drinking. Fatigue caused by extreme temperatures require getting your body back to normal temperature. A variety of atmosphere problems could also cause fatigue; the only fix is finding good air to breathe.
The GM may require a Traveller to make an END or Athletics (END) check to recover from fatigue. Medic or Steward may be used to start a Task Chain for the END check. A Boon or Bane may be applied to the END check depending on the Traveller’s level of exhaustion, or the supplies or conditions available to facilitate his recovery.