Good Deepnight Prequels?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Richard
Mongoose

Good Deepnight Prequels?

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Sorry if this has already been touched on - which seem likely. I was wondering what scenarios might work as good character/plot lead ins to the Deepnight Revelation Campaign. I'm also up for any advice on supplements that might make a big difference to running and adding relevant depth to the story.
Geir
Mongoose

Re: Good Deepnight Prequels?

Postby Geir » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:42 am

Well the obvious one is Great Rift Adventure 2: Deepnight Endeavour.
It looks like you can get it individually or you can buy the whole Great Rift set.
And the Great Rift set itself (well, Book 4) would be good for background on running an exploration campaign.
And then there' the Element Class Cruisers set and Naval Adventures for running a large ship that is pretty much the Deepnight Revelation
Geir Lanesskog
www.geir.org
Sigtrygg
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Sigtrygg » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:57 am

There are loads of potential Deepnight entity prequal scenarios possible. Once you have read The Deepnight boxed adventure you have a better understanding of things that could have transpired in the past.

1 - Death Station, a sample of deepnight entity has been taken to a lab ship, run Death Station but the big bad is now crew and robots possessed by entity.
2 - Archaeological expedition - the usual scientist type thinks they have leads on an extinct alien civilization, after much adventure the punch line is the civilisation was destroyed by entity (or if you want a twist in the tale the civilisation destroyed itself to stop entity)
3 - Chamax plague/ horde repurposed - instead of the insectoids it is entity possessed insectoids...
4 - Interdiction - the Imperium is interdicting a world due to its problems with deepnight entity possession (wouldn't surprise me if the Imperium hadn't scrubbed a few worlds in the past)

Don't overplay the entity though, the players should be left guessing about its true nature until you want to make the revelation...
Old School
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old School » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:53 pm

The great rift set, particularl exploration handbook, I would think is a near must for the campaign.

The suggestions above for lead in ohe campain as are good. I also feel obliged to point out that the campaign comes with a built in lead-in adventure, Deepnight Legacy.