Traveller Project Updates

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
msprange
Site Admin

Traveller Project Updates

Postby msprange » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:54 am

A bit of bad news, I am afraid. Graphics Girl Amy was forced to make the decision to leave us this week, due to ongoing health reasons. She has left a huge hole here at Mongoose, and we wish her the very best in her trials ahead. While you may not be familiar with her, you have most certainly seen her work, being the driving mind behind the art and layout of the Pirates of Drinax, the Traveller Starter Set and many, many more Traveller books. Her loss is a big blow.

At this point, you should have three entire hardback books available and on your screens (and at print): Behind the Claw, Shadows of Sindal and the Drinaxian Companion. The good news is that all three are laid out and just awaiting art - Behind the Claw just needs a few subsector maps and some last deck plans. These will be a priority for the new Graphics Guru once they have their feet properly under their desk, and it looks like Behind the Claw needs just 2 weeks or so work on it (it really is 'that' close).

Beyond that, we will have to see how everything shakes out. Project Infinite Hole for Paranoia will inevitably be delayed and, hand on heart, I think the new 2300AD will now be laid out in early 2020 - which is a shame, as Colin Dunn has recently finished the core rulebook and it looks excellent.

The two projects I really want to bring to fruition this year, however, are Aliens of Charted Space Volume One (with everything you need to bring Aslan, Vargr, Zhodani and K'kree to your campaigns) and the Big Traveller Campaign that Martin is currently working on - that really is something quite special.

I will keep you all up to speed on what is happening and when, but please be aware that it will be a couple of weeks or so before we have firmer information on projects and their schedule.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
AndrewW
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Traveller Project Updates

Postby AndrewW » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:32 am

msprange wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:54 am
A bit of bad news, I am afraid. Graphics Girl Amy was forced to make the decision to leave us this week, due to ongoing health reasons. She has left a huge hole here at Mongoose, and we wish her the very best in her trials ahead. While you may not be familiar with her, you have most certainly seen her work, being the driving mind behind the art and layout of the Pirates of Drinax, the Traveller Starter Set and many, many more Traveller books. Her loss is a big blow.
That is a shame, I hope everything goes well for her.
Gamerguy
Stoat

Re: Traveller Project Updates

Postby Gamerguy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:07 am

Sorry to hear this, I am so looking forward to more 2300AD material. I love the fact that 2300AD was folded into Traveller. Makes the game really easy to play.

Your hard work on 2300AD is much appreciated.