JTAS 5 - Page 124 - The great escape

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JNJ
Stoat

JTAS 5 - Page 124 - The great escape

Postby JNJ » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:36 pm

There is written :

"The first method uses the following equation:"

No equation after, but one above...maybe misplaced or a missing one ?
paltrysum
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: JTAS 5 - Page 124 - The great escape

Postby paltrysum » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:26 pm

So it appears. I'm sure they'll fix it for the final. The wording of the sentence, "For the sake of simplicity, the referee may simply determine the distance to the jump point and then double the escaping ship’s speed toward that point each round" is also faulty. It should say something to the effect of "For the sake of simplicity, the referee may simply determine the distance to the jump point and then add the escaping ship’s thrust to a running total each round."

Only the first round would be doubled, provided the ship uses all its thrust both times. After that, it concatenates the thrust each round, producing a high delta-V after several rounds of doing so. Full disclosure: I authored that article and didn't think that sentence through too well, apparently. :oops: I'm sure the Mongoose team will fix it.
My published Traveller adventures on DriveThruRPG:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php ... %20Griffen
JNJ
Stoat

Re: JTAS 5 - Page 124 - The great escape

Postby JNJ » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm

paltrysum wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:26 pm
So it appears. I'm sure they'll fix it for the final. The wording of the sentence, "For the sake of simplicity, the referee may simply determine the distance to the jump point and then double the escaping ship’s speed toward that point each round" is also faulty. It should say something to the effect of "For the sake of simplicity, the referee may simply determine the distance to the jump point and then add the escaping ship’s thrust to a running total each round."

Only the first round would be doubled, provided the ship uses all its thrust both times. After that, it concatenates the thrust each round, producing a high delta-V after several rounds of doing so. Full disclosure: I authored that article and didn't think that sentence through too well, apparently. :oops: I'm sure the Mongoose team will fix it.
Thanks Paltrysum :-)