Your opinions on this Drinax

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Your opinions on this Drinax

Postby JMISBEST » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:22 pm

In A Drinax Campaign that halted 7 months ago and was the only Drinax Campaign I've have done where I used only stuff from official sources, s the 3 players went to join their 70 year old father on a year long holiday of a life-time, before they left it had been 14 years, 1 months, 3 weeks and 2 days in-game time and around 18.3 real-life months

By that Drinax was officially restored and was mad up of 23 Worlds across 19 Star Systems and 4 subsectors, had 2 massive Class B and 1 decent sized Class A government ran, operated and funded Military only Starports, had A Guardian Navy of 411 ships that range from 100 tons to 3,000 tons that range from TL 1 to 15 and has A Guardian Army of around 1,289,989,420 part-time soldiers whose weapons, armour, equipment, explosives, vehicles and machinery range from TL 9 to TL 12 and around 197,463,200 full-time Soldiers whose weapons, armour, equipment, explosives, vehicles and machinery
that range from TL 12 to TL 15

Can you give your opinions on the state of Drinax as it was roughly 70% of the way through the only Drinax Campaign I've have done where I used only stuff from official sources
M J Dougherty
Mongoose

Re: Your opinions on this Drinax

Postby M J Dougherty » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 pm

Grossly out of all proportion to anything I'd expect from the source material or any sort of plausibiity.

If you had fun, that's all that matters I guess. But it seems to me that the way you interpret the game materials revolves around a couple of die rolls resulting in huge success and vast riches.

If you want to comprehend where I'm coming form here, read Flatlined. The Travellers are soaking wet, cold, and probably starving. They don't even have proper shoes. Success means surviving the night with a pulse and maybe finding something to eat.

You seem to be looking for validation here. Sort of 'look at the huge success I let my players have, isn't that awesome???'

Meanwhile I write and run games where players are delighted to find half a tube of toothpaste.

Yes, that actually happened.

A fictionalised account of the adventure will be published by Mongoose in due course.