Psion question

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
PsiTraveller
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Psion question

Postby PsiTraveller » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:40 am

A question about psionics and stat loss.

In first edition there was a power called "Tapping" which allowed a psion to convert Str, Dex, End and Int into psionic power points.

Here is my question. If a psion drained a few points from 3 stats would the psion then require surgery to heal? According to the rules 3 stats with injuries requires surgery to heal.

Second question: Assume Int was drained, also Str, and Dex. Assume an End DM of +1. Natural healing would recover the points naturally since the +1 End Dm would not be affected by the 3 other lowered stats. (Since End is normally the first stat lowered in combat damage) Would this allow a psion to naturally heal the damage and not need surgery?
AnotherDilbert
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Psion question

Postby AnotherDilbert » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:29 am

I think you have the rules correct. I believe the healing rules assume stats are reduced to 0 before the next stat is used, so having three damaged stats means two stats are zero, i.e. you are unconscious and severely hurt. If you only have a few points damage in each stat I would not consider Surgery necessary, or even helpful.

Regardless of the rules I would not see Tapping as damage, but mental exhaustion, recovered by rest. Hence I would not allow First Aid or Surgery to help recovery.