What to do

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

What to do

Postby JMISBEST » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:29 pm

I'm curious as to what would The Pcs do if they bet their ship against another captains ship and won and then they learnt that their new ship had the quirk from the quirks table that meant that it was wanted in several systems and would be boarded and seized on sight and the crew likely locked up for a long-time, maybe even executed as examples to others?
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: What to do

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:46 pm

There’s an excellent answer to this very question in the “getting rid of negative quirks in spacecraft” thread just a few posts down on the forum :)
Galadrion
Banded Mongoose

Postby Galadrion » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:43 pm

If you are truly curious about what the PCs would do in this (or any) situation, then perhaps a better solution than asking on this board (where few if any people know the players you're asking about) would be asking the players... or (possibly better yet) playing out the situation.

After all, what's the worst that can happen? The players wind up breaking your game? Small hint: if they can break it, that indicates that there's something wrong in the set-up. The first thing I would suggest is checking your own assumptions - do you have a definite idea of where you want the game to go? And what if it doesn't go there? (Bigger hint: if the game not going where you want it to is the problem, you're probably trying to railroad your players. Ask yourself if you want to run a game for your players... or tell a story to your audience.)
MonkeyX
Mongoose

Postby MonkeyX » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Play it out and the answer will reveal itself. No one except your players can say. There are possibilities but that is all.
rust2
Mongoose

Postby rust2 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:10 pm

JMISBEST wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:29 pm
I'm curious as to what would The Pcs do if they ( ...) executed as examples to others?
I suspect they would somewhat dislike the idea of being executed.
"Mind like parachute, functions only when open"
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:10 am

JMISBEST wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:29 pm
I'm curious as to what would The Pcs do if they bet their ship against another captains ship and won and then they learnt that their new ship had the quirk from the quirks table that meant that it was wanted in several systems and would be boarded and seized on sight and the crew likely locked up for a long-time, maybe even executed as examples to others?
You ask this same question about once every few weeks. You have plenty of answers by now for what to do with illegal/stolen/hot ships that PCs end up with.