High and Dry - Project Steel?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Rerednaw
Stoat

High and Dry - Project Steel?

Postby Rerednaw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:22 pm

I found another thread about a year old. I liked the flow of High and Dry and was hoping to check out Project Steel.
But I cannot find it on drivethrurpg.
The other thread referenced a uk gameskeeper link...which is broken :(

Is there a site where I may buy the pdf? Or if this is a re-write of other modules that are still in print (like High and Dry was a re-write of Type S), please let me know what they are based on so I may at least get the story.

Thanks!
Old School
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: High and Dry - Project Steel?

Postby Old School » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:52 pm

I believe it was published in printed form for the 1st Edition of Mongoose Traveller, but never in pdf. The 2nd edition version that you are looking for was never completed. Something to due with licensees and/or canon. So I’m afraid you are out of luck.
paltrysum
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby paltrysum » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 pm

A damned shame really. The idea of running adventures in the Metal Worlds is intriguing.

I just ran "High and Dry" on New Years Day with a subset of my Drinax group. Very fun adventure!
My published Traveller adventures on DriveThruRPG:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php ... %20Griffen
Old School
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old School » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:21 am

Agreed. I dont have the old Scout Ship to compare, but High and Dry is fun.
Baldo
Mongoose

Postby Baldo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 am

Old School wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:52 pm
I believe it was published in printed form for the 1st Edition of Mongoose Traveller, but never in pdf. The 2nd edition version that you are looking for was never completed.
https://paizo.com/products/btpy86xm?Project-Steel

Paizo still has the product profile, but let's do a cut-and-paste:

PROJECT STEEL

A controversial initiative to open up a continent of the world Steel for Imperial development. Fraught with political compromises and operating on a shoestring budget, the project offers a chance to reduce tensions between the Imperium and the Sword Worlds, perhaps averting future conflict.

Call of the Wild

Arriving on Steel to join the project, a freelance exploration team heads out into the wilderness on what appears to be a simple surveying mission. What they find is a complex situation requiring good judgement in a desperate situation. Their decision will have consequences for the future of the project and everyone on Steel.

Range War

As civilization begins to flower on Steel, the settlers face a new threat. Brutal raiders are advancing on the half-built starport, apparently determined to destroy the fledgling colony. As the Imperials dig in for a desperate last stand it falls to the travellers to buy enough time for a miracle born of honor and mercy.

Mouth of Hell

As the Steel Project recovers from the raider attack, a team of adventurers must cross the mountains to rescue a stranded survey team. This simple task leads to the discovery of Steel's terrible secret. In a desert canyon far from aid or assistance, the travellers must battle for their own survival and the salvation of everyone on Steel.

"waiting to pre-order the 2nd edition" :wink:
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:31 am

A new edition of Project Steel is indeed on the cards, though there are some things to sort out with it that makes it lower in priority than some other projects.

We really want to return to this though (and hopefully add related adventures that would turn it into a trilogy), as it is a good 'un!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com