Baldo wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:20 pm
I doubt the Ahroay’if
clan controls the worlds once owned by the Glorious Empire in Goertel subsector, they have lost the will to fight long ago (just ask Kasiyl
Great comment. Assigning a clan to control worlds like Hliyh and Eilaeah is tricky. Here are some things we know about the Ahroay'if from Pirates Book 2:
- They are the vassals of the Tlaiowaha, a Tlaukhu clan that has delegated its power to the Ahroay'if in the region.
- They're the "dominant clan in the Tlaiowaha sector; rapidly rising in power because of trade with the Imperium."
- Tyokh is dominated by the Ahroay’if clan.
- The Hkaaiheir clan (who reside on Keiah) says the Ahroay'if clan are "fat and weak," and have lost their warrior tradition.
- "The Tliaowaha/Ahroay’if axis has benefited hugely from the trade, and both clans have gained influence in the Tlaukhu and Ya’soisthea respectively."
- Ahroay’if escorts meet Imperial convoys at Tech-World and hence exert extraterritorial responsibilities beyond the Hierate borders, helping provide the infrastructure for the Hierate Trade Route.
- They run the Company of Grandmotherly Kindness. "The trading arm of the Ahroay’if clan, this company also has significant investment from the powerful Syoisuis and Tlaiowaha clans."
- "The Ahroay’if control or strongly influence more than a third of the worlds in [Tlaiowaha] subsector. Their power is based on trade, and the Ahroay’if have a vested interest in preserving the peace."
- "Stohyus is the homeworld of the Ahroay’if, a vassal clan of the Tlaiowaha and one of the richest worlds in all the Ya’soisthea." This world is just rimward of the Glorious Empire.
And here's the quandary: travellermap lists Hliyh as governed by a "single multiple-world clan." If that's not the Ahroay'if, I'm not sure who it would be in Tlaiowaha subsector. The books are quite clear that the Ahroay'if dominate and the presence of another "multi-world clan" would seem to contradict that. It's tricky trying to marry the Mongoose data to the travellermap data, but I think it kind of fits.
You also have the travellermap placement of some Tlaukhu in interesting and provocative locations on the map. For example, on Hrahraiu, right next to the Glorious Empire, you have a Tlaukhu dominated world said to be controlled by the Seieakh, Akatoiloh, and We'okunir clans, three clans famous for the level of cooperation they engage in with each other. Hrahraiu is said to be considering the idea of exterminating its freed human slaves while Hliyh and Hteakya seem to be trying to either deport them or incorporate them into society. Could it be that the Seieakh, Akatoiloh, and We'okunir are making some kind of a power grab in the region? Maybe teaching the upstart Ahroay'if a lesson of some sort? Perhaps putting the Ahroay'if into a difficult situation like this, effectively making them try to exert their power in a war zone when they have little appetite for war is exactly what the Tlaukhu wants to do.
In any case, Thanksgiving week time off has given me an extraordinary amount of time to work on little details like this so there you have it.
NOLATrav wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm
Not running Drinax right now but that is a great map! Cheers!