What kind of Imperial and Aslans fleet wouldn't be guaranteed to failure before even trying?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

What kind of Imperial and Aslans fleet wouldn't be guaranteed to failure before even trying?

Postby JMISBEST » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:41 am

I'm hoping of doing the final Adventure for a old Drinax Campaign that took 122.6 2 in-game years and 6.94 years of real-time from 1st edition. But Drinax being able to muster 156 Ships worth 216 Fighting Dice and 2 Capital Ships without The Pcs or their guaranteed allies, at least 312 Ships worth 432 Fighting Dice and 4 Capital Ships with 1 but not both of The Pcs or their guaranteed allies and at least 468 Ships worth 648 Fighting Dice and 7 Capital Ships with both The Pcs and their guaranteed allies what kind of Imperial and Aslans fleet wouldn't be guaranteed to failure before even trying

Also forgot to say that Drinax's maximum of 7 Capital are all 30,000 to 50,000 ton Megafreighters converted into Heavy Cruisers
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: What kind of Imperial and Aslans fleet wouldn't be guaranteed to failure before even trying?

Postby locarno24 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Well, one or more genuine BB or DN heavy capital ships, for starters.

A Tigress-class BATRON is ridiculous overkill but a full strength squadron is four million dTons of TL-15 pain:
~ out-massing those 7 converted freighters by a factor of nineteen-to-one
~ carrying spinal meson cannons - given how much rebuilding it would require, I can't see upgunned converted freighters having spinal mounts - and heavy meson spinals come in nearly 10 kdTon 'flavours' that deliver enough damage to shatter a section on a 30,000 dTon ship in one solid hit
~ carrying a combined flight wing of 2,400 heavy fighters - such as torpedo bombers.
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.