Traveller as a Spaceship Modeling Hobby

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Condottiere
Chief Mongoose

Re: Traveller as a Spaceship Modeling Hobby

Postby Condottiere » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Depends on how much time you want to spend on them; formulaic solutions in abstract tend to exist, and I think that engine compartments were addressed in Classic, pretty much as I believe that propulsion units have to be carefully positioned.

Internet of Things will likely keep track of what's removed from compartments, and who's doing the removing.

While I personally prefer using my own bathroom at home, I thought it might be efficient to have a central bathroom on the ship, and arrange everything around that; or everyone wears Depends.

I've also had fun with crew accommodations, especially on Solomani military ships.
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

Re: Traveller as a Spaceship Modeling Hobby

Postby Pyromancer » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Old School wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:11 pm
At least they are addressing that point, even if the answer is just handwavium that the food and supplies are stored elsewhere and don’t take up cargo space.

Always bothered me when a capital ship has something along the lines of 1,000 crewmembers and less than 200 ton of cargo room. It still does both me, but at leas pt we can says its been addressed in the rulebooks. :?
Roughly speaking, 1m³ of supplies is enough to feed one crewman for a year, so eight dtons of supplies will feed 1,000 crewmembers for a month.