How to justify 1 so young being so good?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

How to justify 1 so young being so good?

Postby JMISBEST » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Just for a laugh I decided to create A Npc Doctor Class Scholar for A Upcoming Adventure using the Character Generation Rules. As she came from A World famous for its medical facilities as whole and its doctors in particular I put her 12 in Edu and took Medic /0 as A Homeworld Skill, then in her 1st term her skills and Training Rolls came up 4 on Services and 1 on Physician to give her Medic /2 then the Event Roll was A 8, she choose to cheat, I rolled 2D6+2 for Edu 12 and Admin 0 as A Homeworld Skill, rolled A 7+2 or 9 and choose +1 Medic, which gives her Medic /3 and all of that thanks to the best luck I've ever had with Character Creation regardless of RPG system being used

What I want advise on is how can I realistically and using in-game terms justify A upper-middle class 22 year old human female from a very slightly sexist planet having Medic Skill Level /3 and A +5 Medic DM, even if it was all due to my best ever luck that I ever had without cheating and whilst using official Character Generation rules regardless of The RPG system being used
M J Dougherty
Stoat

Re: How to justify 1 so young being so good?

Postby M J Dougherty » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 pm

But this isn't your Best Ever Luck Ever, is it? It's just yet another extreme result. If it was a one-off question then folks might take the time to answer. But it happens to you all the time, or so you claim.

If you want this sort of thing in your game, then justify it. If you can't justify it, try a more modest game like everyone else plays.
mando501
Cub

Re: How to justify 1 so young being so good?

Postby mando501 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Doogie Howser? Incredibly talented individuals can and do happen, even at a young age.

Beyond that, what M J said.