[Drinax] Campaign log

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

[Drinax] Campaign log

Postby Pyromancer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:21 pm

This thread is for updates and questions about our upcoming "Pirates of Drinax" campaign. It will be some time until the campaign begins, since there are other campaigns to finish first, but the first characters have been built:

- Sala, the King's young niece, rebellious master duelist, who wants to escape from the constraints of the floating palace and have adventures.
- Maximus, Earl of Maki (a fiefdom on Number One), a fat pilot urged by his ambitious mother to participate in King Oleb's plan; has a robot butler to take care of him.
- Nikki Kleinkrug, a cunning engineer with a cyber-eye, who attracted the king's attention with a spectacular prank during a state reception.
- Jari Tjuri, a restorer and art historian who dreams of Sindal's lost treasures. He also is psionic.

The will be another character, but I'm already eager to play with this group!
Baldo
Shrew

Re: [Drinax] Campaign log

Postby Baldo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Pyromancer wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:21 pm
There will be another character...
Try an Aslan from the Hierate. It's true I have a soft spot for honor-driven warriors with more ranks in Melee (Natural) than Tolerance (yeah, played too many D&D games... ), but having an allied Aslan in the party WILL be useful, in my experience.
MonkeyX
Stoat

Postby MonkeyX » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:51 pm

At face value they do t seem “piraty”. are you planning a more political take on the adventures?
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

Postby Pyromancer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:52 pm

MonkeyX wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:51 pm
At face value they do t seem “piraty”. are you planning a more political take on the adventures?
I'll let the players do their thing, but at the moment I fully expect that actual piracy will not be front and center of our campaign.
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:49 pm

How about someone who is related to Lord Wrax so that it's easier to gain him as A Ally, which can only be a good thing
M J Dougherty
Stoat

Postby M J Dougherty » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:23 pm

I would suggest creating a character and playing the game as it happens rather than trying to build a success-machine group.

There are plenty of ways the Drinax campaign can be the backdrop for adventures without doing much of the piratey thing.