Anyonw know of 1

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Anyonw know of 1

Postby JMISBEST » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Anyone know of A Group that Roleplays Traveller that wants A New Player who despite being A GM for more then 7 years has been using his own versions of Traveller Rules so longer that if his players only wanted to use the official rules would find it far too much hassle to learn how to GM their way rather then mine and besides that wants the potential challenge of being A Player using rules of a system that he's never used only the rules that are official
BigDogsRunning
Mongoose

Re: Anyonw know of 1

Postby BigDogsRunning » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 am

Not anyone I would want to talk to ever again.
TrippyHippy
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby TrippyHippy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:01 am

Not the most exemplary use of grammar in that first post.

I have, nevertheless, had the experience of inviting a new player into our established Traveller group who turned up with a load of Classic Traveller books and materials, and proceeded to roll up his own character and essentially run his own game using the classic rules, rather than engage with the Mongoose Traveller rules (and campaign) the rest of us were running with. It was a weird experience.

While we admired his enthusiasm for the classic game, and indeed we were all fans of the classic game too, he was quite disruptive. We resolved it amicably enough, but he went back to playing war-games I think.
Outtasight!
MonkeyX
Mongoose

Postby MonkeyX » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 am

Being honest here, but that sounds like a nightmare. If someone joins my game then I’d expect them to use my rules whether they are official or house rules and someone who would find it a “hassle” would not be someone I’d look for. I’d expect as much of I joined a game.
M J Dougherty
Stoat

Postby M J Dougherty » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:41 pm

A lot of this question is meaningless gibberish. Asking if there is a group should be enough. You join the group, play whatever rules they are using, and that's it.

There's no need to explain you've been playing for 7.682 years and all the rest of it.

Simple questions are your friend.
Darkmoon
Shrew

Postby Darkmoon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Format C: