Tell me what you want.

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Geir
Shrew

Re: Tell me what you want.

Postby Geir » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:19 am

Forgot to mention robots.
The first edition book was generally well done, but the design rules, seemed a bit off to me.
heron61
Mongoose

Postby heron61 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:35 am

Other than aliens, which will be in another book, what I'd most like to see are:
  • New and variant psionics rules.
  • A couple of new adventure class ships - specifically high tech (TL 13-15) adventure class ships, since mostly such starships are TL 11-12, and I'd like to see what notably higher TL versions were like.
legozhodani
Banded Mongoose

Postby legozhodani » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Well if given free run I would go for info/adventures in the Glimmerdrift/Crusis/Hinterworlds sectors, as that's where we had been plodding about for a few years in our group.

Def' more info on the Psi' stuff. I liked the old psionics book for the added skills and pitfalls of the use of psionics. Gave us some great adventures as we watched some players become more and more unhinged

Adventure packs like Tarsus are worth their weight (metric or Imprerial) in local precious metal of choice.

I don't feel we need anything to do with more guns/armour etc. Plenty of that out there. Maybe frame works for corperations as bad guys and patrons. Still chewing it over, so much wanted, so few pages.
steve98052
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby steve98052 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 pm

One thing that would be good to see in official print would be a set of guidelines for "troupe style" adventuring. That is probably the best way to make larger ships like the Leviathan or Azhanti High Lightning manageable settings for adventurers. Troupe style is also great for mercenary adventures.
Geir wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 am
. . . And a Poni.
Indeed.

And as previously mentioned, that Magic Eight Ball.
TrippyHippy
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby TrippyHippy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:01 am

Robots, Robots and Robots. And A.I.
Outtasight!
TrippyHippy
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby TrippyHippy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:02 am

steve98052 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 pm
One thing that would be good to see in official print would be a set of guidelines for "troupe style" adventuring. That is probably the best way to make larger ships like the Leviathan or Azhanti High Lightning manageable settings for adventurers. Troupe style is also great for mercenary adventures.
Geir wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 am
. . . And a Poni.
Indeed.

And as previously mentioned, that Magic Eight Ball.
We certainly use Troupe play in our games, and it is totally suited to Traveller campaigns.
Outtasight!