Would it be a good decision?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Would it be a good decision?

Postby JMISBEST » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:36 am

I'm finished a draft copy with help, who won't let me put in on here, of A Table that tells you, if you want to or need to know, a definite or potential patrons last Career, age and number of terms served. I rolled and got Noble, age 62 and 3 terms served and since he's lived for the equivalent of 11 terms but only served 3 in his last career I want your opinion as to whether or not I should have him been some-kind of Soldier who for services to Tobia's Duke far too great to have been ignored was made A either a very senior Noble Knight or average Baron. What do you think?
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Would it be a good decision?

Postby Reynard » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Knowing his Social Status would help tremendously. There's a big gap between knight and baron.
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Reynard wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:35 pm
Knowing his Social Status would help tremendously. There's a big gap between knight and baron.
The idea is that A Very Senior Knight is Social Scale 11 or 12, which is the same as A Very Minor Baron or at least in my opinion it/he or she is/should be
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Reynard » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:51 am

Since that is a scale of your own invention making distinction of noble status a bit blurry, you need to decide how much they are on the scale. It's too broad a line for me.