What's their realistic best option?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

What's their realistic best option?

Postby JMISBEST » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:21 am

I just finished what I plan to be my last Pirates of Drinax Campaign a few hours ago, as of writing this, and have a question

The Pirates took The Deal with The GeDeCo and not only left Drinax to be destroyed, but not trusting The GeDeCo sold out Drinax to The Aslan in return for governorship of The Ex New Kingdom of Drinax under Aslan Rule

The problem is that The Imperial Fleet that they thought would arrive far too late to save Drinax arrived in time and now The Aslan of both The Glorious Empire and The Hierate, Drinax, The Imperium and Drinax's Allies among The Zhodanni, The GeDeCo, more then 900 rivals and more then 100 enemies, The Floranni and the other 3 minor powers of The Trojan Reach all want them dead

What's the realistic best hope for them and their 88 ships that range from 100 tons to 14,900 tons and have 3,128 permanent personnel when they've made so many enemies that even The Aslan of both The Glorious Empire and The Hierate are willing to work together to destroy them?
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: What's their realistic best option?

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 am

Realistically? Run.

I’d head for the Great Rift and try to start a new life somewhere out there, possibly in the Islands cluster if able to reach it.
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Agreed. I hear the Beyond is a nice sector... :)
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.
steve98052
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby steve98052 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:42 pm

Run for the Solomani Confederation. If you move fast through the J-5 Trans-rift Route, you can get through Imperial space before the news gets out that your fleet is an enemy of the Imperium.

And once you get to the Solomani Confederation, you'll be welcome (as long as you behave), because the Solomani Confederation is not on great terms with the Imperium.

But if your ships can't do Jump-5, how do you cross? Best plan is to buy a lot of collapsible and drop tanks, unless you can get your ships across using carriers.
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Although, showing up in any system with a fleet of almost 100 ships is going to create a bit of a stir with the local System Defense forces... :)
You can call me Sir.
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Great ideas

But how can I justify in my unique finale a 3-way alliance of Drinax, Hierate Aslan and Glorious Empire Aslan to those that know nothing of the campaign in real-life and how would Drinax and those 2 Aslan Empires justify it to the common folk, which they would likely at least try to because, just for a laugh, I made them many times more reasonable in this campaign they ever have been and all 3 empire include a lot of worlds that are very distrustful at best of the other 2 nations
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Rikki Tikki Traveller wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:41 pm
Although, showing up in any system with a fleet of almost 100 ships is going to create a bit of a stir with the local System Defense forces... :)
Even if they claim to be friendly and are known as enemies of The Solomanni Enemies and want protection from and a alliance against a mutual enemy
Condottiere
Chief Mongoose

Postby Condottiere » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:31 pm

It helps if you take along a lot of loot and have a relatively pure genetic make up.
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:20 pm

JMISBEST wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm
Great ideas

But how can I justify in my unique finale a 3-way alliance of Drinax, Hierate Aslan and Glorious Empire Aslan to those that know nothing of the campaign in real-life and how would Drinax and those 2 Aslan Empires justify it to the common folk, which they would likely at least try to because, just for a laugh, I made them many times more reasonable in this campaign they ever have been and all 3 empire include a lot of worlds that are very distrustful at best of the other 2 nations
Just keep it simple, the three empires have agreed on a temporary alliance to hunt down the pirate scourge that has been plaguing everyone - mutual enemies is a great way to get groups to work together :)
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:55 pm

JMISBEST wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:58 pm
Rikki Tikki Traveller wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:41 pm
Even if they claim to be friendly and are known as enemies of The Solomanni Enemies and want protection from and a alliance against a mutual enemy
And if they are moving faster than the news about them, how will they be "known as enemies of the Solomani Enemies"??????

I was not particulary thinking about the Solomani reaction, but the reaction in the dozen or so worlds they will have to pass thru to get to the Solomani...

Better to head Spinward and set up their own Pocket Empire in The Beyond or Vanguard Reaches - both areas with old FASA products to help you with the current situation... :)
You can call me Sir.