What should I do?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

What should I do?

Postby JMISBEST » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 am

Just for a laugh whilst my 1, the other 2 have retired from full-time RPG's, group was on holiday I decided to be a player in a 1-off game, something I've never done in Sci-Fii RPG's before and not at all since mid December 97, and enjoyed it so much that I'm thinking of giving up all the hassle and my big plans to become A Full-time Player, the group is willing to welcome be, but they don't know that I'm A Veteran GM of just over 19 years(May 99) and A Veteran of Sci-Fii RPG's for almost 10(July 08), how can I go about this without risking being alienated as A Veteran Sci-Fii GM but rookie Sci-Fii Player without lying which could make it worse and likely will
Sigtrygg
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: What should I do?

Postby Sigtrygg » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:06 am

Just remember:
you are a player - you react to the situations the referee throws at you

you are a player - you do not argue about how the ref interprets the setting

you are a player - you do not argue with the ref about rules
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Any player that is good at role-playing will not care if another player at the table has been a professional full-time game master for 30+ years or not. They just care if the player is good at role-playing. Such players are hard to find.
M J Dougherty
Weasel

Postby M J Dougherty » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:43 pm

I've played at cons in adventures that I wrote, without anyone realising who I was (except the referee, who I knew). Point is, being a player is about playing the game.

Nobody cares if you have 19.77 years of experience as a referee; they do care whether or not you're a pain at the gaming table or you're fun to have in a game.

So.... just play the game and enjoy it. You might be a veteran referee in your own games, but you're a player here. So play.