How to handle them?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

How to handle them?

Postby JMISBEST » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:45 pm

A Friend of mine is planning 2 2-part cross-over projects so ambitious that even I'm willing to help if possible but they are beyond me, can you help?. 1 is versions of The Jedi and The Sith from Starwars in Traveller and the other is versions of The Zhodani and Glorious Empire from Traveller in Starwars. Like I said can you help?
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: How to handle them?

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Not much to do really. Star Wars D6 should be close enough that you could convert characters back and forth. Traveller Psionics are very limited, but the SW Jedi just have greater abilities and power levels.
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.
NOLATrav
Mongoose

Re: How to handle them?

Postby NOLATrav » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:45 pm

What RTT said.

Also, add arc-field weapons (light sabers) and robots can be be PCs with full UPP and skills and background (droids). You could probably use stats from the Ursa for Wookies. Or maybe Urzaeng Vargr from the 1e Vargr book.

Remove 100dton jump drive limit, reduce jump fuel to 10% normal so fighters can jump (hyperspace travel). Remove 100 diameter jump limit and 1 week jump duration (1D hours per parsec?).

Rogue One shows us FTL communication so that’s a really big change from Traveller.

Remove power packs from laser and energy weapons (blasters).

Average TL is 16 (arc-field weapons) so campaign is likely TL12 - TL20 or so instead of Third Imperium TL8 - TL15 or so.

Or just put the Third Imperium in SW D6 rules... lot easier going that way.

Do a search on the forum. I cant remember who but someone was working on a SW/Trav crossover a few years ago.