Would The GeDeCo agree?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

Would The GeDeCo agree?

Postby JMISBEST » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:37 pm

I've been thinking. If The Characters agree with Jaskarl's Deal rather then just agree to would their Trojan Reach Branch sell ownership of Sperle to Drinax for Drinax and for Drinax to then let Sperle be a free and not owned part of Drinax that will also serve as a source of food, considerable money and place for Oleb, other Drinax Nobles and paying tourists to hunt whales?. What do you think?

Of course this assumes that even if they believe it will ultimately benefit The GeDeCo and their plans they would still have to convince The GeDeCo that this is both in the interests of their plan and worth the potential problems, backlash and lost earnings. What is the characters best and/or most likely way of convincing The GeDeCo to let them do this?

The characters intent is to use Sperle simply to make Drinax even bigger in the hope of making its destruction even more impressive, just like The GeDeCo plans. What do you think?
Last edited by JMISBEST on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaladanGuard
Shrew

Re: Would The GeDeCo agree?

Postby CaladanGuard » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm

GeDeCo doesn't own Sperle. They are the majority economic controllers, but they can't "sell" the planet.

Sperle produces chemicals from the "whales" not food. (Though I suppose the planet would make a better breadbasket than Drinax. But not as good as Asim)

The "whales" on Sperle aren't whales, they're big amorphous globs of chemicals that submarines scoop into filters to harvest. It's not "fun" whaling.

So if you change all that, and then have GeDeCo find some reason to actually help Drinax, rather than just making sure they fail at the right time, which is all they currently care about. Then sure...maybe some of that would make sense.
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

Re: Would The GeDeCo agree?

Postby JMISBEST » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Sorry about putting my edit in my original post rather then as a edit to the 1st person to post. Can someone correct that for me?. Please