Theev Patron mission problem

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
MonkeyX
Stoat

Theev Patron mission problem

Postby MonkeyX » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:21 pm

The patron mission for Theev asks the PCs to intercept a shipment on the way to a magistrate on Dolberg. Does this ring right with everyone as Dolberg is ruled by giant psychic whales. I’m not sure a magistrate looking into piracy around the Theev system fits in there.
Baldo
Shrew

Re: Theev Patron mission problem

Postby Baldo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 am

Maybe the giant psychic whales don't care about petty human interests, in their alien way.
Therefore, you *can* be a collector of aslan artifacts in Dolberg, among other things: "GeDeCo’s agents (and NOT the psychic whales) control the government of Dolberg" (Pirates of Drinax, book 1, p. 71), for example.
MonkeyX
Stoat

Postby MonkeyX » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks. I was trying to figure out an envirmoent where the whale would have need for a magistrate overlooking outside influences. Having GeDeCo there helps give it some possible reason.
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:00 pm

My advise is that as you are, seemingly, The GM if you don't think it makes sense just move the planet that The Magistrate lives on to 1 that makes sense or rule that he got the money he bought the goods with illegally and he choose to receive them on Dolberg cos its unlikely, for whatever reason you want, that cops and other authority figures would think that he'd choose to receive them at/on Dolberg