Does it make sense?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Does it make sense?

Postby JMISBEST » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Someone I know claims, which means he could by lying and if not could stop doing so if he finds its taking too long is yoo tired or gets bored, to be working on A Pirates of Drinax Pc Game and wants to know if it makes sense for Ferriks Forces on The Very Hard difficuty setting to be more powerful then Darokyn's Forces are on The Very Easy difficukty setting?. I said definitely but he wants at least 1 opinion from the experts on this website. Can you help?.
Sigtrygg
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: Does it make sense?

Postby Sigtrygg » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Nope, it makes no sense at all.
M J Dougherty
Stoat

Postby M J Dougherty » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 pm

As an expert in the field, I would suggest that anyone with any hope of publishing a PC game needs to ask the IP holder about a license before starting work.
JMISBEST
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:41 pm

M J Dougherty wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 pm
As an expert in the field, I would suggest that anyone with any hope of publishing a PC game needs to ask the IP holder about a license before starting work.
That's why I'm thinking he's lying and plans to pretend he gave it up cos it was too hard when in truth he never even tried.But I'm too nice to tell that to him or anyone likely to tell him?
M J Dougherty
Stoat

Postby M J Dougherty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

If he isn't working on a game then questions about its contents are meaningless. Same if he has no license.

Since he doesn't, there's little point in asking or answering hypothetical questions about details of the content.

When I was Line Editor for QLI, I had a patented method for making 'gunners (in the sense of 'I'm gunna write this and it'll be awesome') go away. I would ask them for a detailed outline. Someone who does not have one should not be making a proposal, and someone who's not prepared to write one is just wasting everyone's time with hot air.

So... does your friend have a credible proposal and an outline at least? If not, then there is no project.

And of course there's the license thing.