What PSI Powers and Stat would you suggest for Qt?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

What PSI Powers and Stat would you suggest for Qt?

Postby JMISBEST » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:01 am

I'm thinking, just for a laugh, to use Star Trex's God-like Q in Traveller and want to know what PSI Powers, PSI Stat and other similar powers unique to The Q Race you would suggest. After all I plan for him to instantly kill then seconds later restore to life a entire Imperial Fleets Personnel as a mere demonstration of his powers, like he did in Next Generation, have him introduce The Characters and The Imperium to The Uber-Empire, like he did with Pickard, The Federation and The Borg, and have him give at least 1 of the characters the chance to go back in time to prevent the action as cadets that ultimately cost them their Naval Career and later their life, but at the cost of being considered a cowardly worm and never rising above Rank 2 NCO/Rank 1 Officer and then again going back in time to correct their own history, like Q did for Pickard. How should I handle this?
MonkeyX
Stoat

Re: What PSI Powers and Stat would you suggest for Qt?

Postby MonkeyX » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:40 am

The Q are pretty much beyond stats if you’re going for a full on version. They don’t need to roll and can do anything they wish. Defining the characters motivation and interests are more important. Why do the do what they do? Curiosity, malevolence or just boredom.
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:21 pm

MonkeyX wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:40 am
The Q are pretty much beyond stats if you’re going for a full on version. They don’t need to roll and can do anything they wish. Defining the characters motivation and interests are more important. Why do the do what they do? Curiosity, malevolence or just boredom.
Not really sure as I'm not that big a fan of Star Trex, just know enough to figure that like with Q in Star-Trek he can appear for 1 or more reasons of comic relief for the fans and in the actual game boredom, wanting to help someone he likes but lack of experance with mortals making it worse, to make a fight, battle or war fair to both sides by making either a situation that characters couldn't win into 1 they can win or 1 they couldn't lose into 1 they could lose or to get help understanding something he doesn't understand like the falsehoods, both good and bad, involving Robin Hood, Love, Childhood and having, looking after and raising children
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:10 pm

Q is The Beyonder from Marvel Comics, times 1000. A plot controller.
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Qt can do whatever he wants - there is no statistic to give him. He does whatever you want him to do.
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.