Am I okay to do it?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

Am I okay to do it?

Postby JMISBEST » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 am

A friend of mine who doesn't want me to even say their name or whether they are male or female or not, why I don't know but I like them enough not to ask questions, has given me permission to do a multi part write up of their and a mutual friends Pirates of Drinax Campaign where The GM changed The Skills Package rules so that The Player got 3D2 or 5 Skills at /1D3 or 2 of their choice from a list The GM made, as well as custom made Drinax Events Tables for SS 10 and 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15, and modified the campaign so that The Player, who is doing a 1 player with 1 super-character variant, is using various legal methods to rebuilt the kingdom as a alliance of worlds based on mutually beneficial trade, defence agreements, aide and support in emergencies and exchange of technologies and the write up will be using my friends write up word for word. Am I allowed to do this when I can't even guess why the player or GM won't?. Please respond
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Am I okay to do it?

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Is this a question about winning the game after already winning it? I'm curious if your 20.1 years-long real-life players-group will ever entertain the idea of playing a Mongoose Traveller adventure game out-of-the-box?
M J Dougherty
Stoat

Re: Am I okay to do it?

Postby M J Dougherty » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:30 pm

If you have explicit permission to do it then you are allowed to, I suppose. Because that's what explicit permission means.

Is it worth the effort? That's a different question.