Fuel for Vehicles

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
keravon
Cub

Fuel for Vehicles

Postby keravon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to find any info in the core rule book on Vehicle fuel. Cost and type.

Plenty of info for star ships but nothing for vehicles. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Condottiere
Chief Mongoose

Re: Fuel for Vehicles

Postby Condottiere » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:12 pm

Off hand, I think it's concerned with increasing range of operations, and by implication, fuel capacity.
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Reynard » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 am

Under Customization on page 46 they have Fuel efficiency and Fuel capacity to increase or decrease the range. They greatly simplified vehicle design by having the chassis type come with a standard motive type whose range is based on Tech Level. Whether gasoline, wood or Fusion Plus, this is how far the vehicle will go on a fill up. If you want complex, try Striker, Fire, Fusion & Steel or MegaTraveller.
AnotherDilbert
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby AnotherDilbert » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 pm

keravon wrote: I'm struggling to find any info in the core rule book on Vehicle fuel. Cost and type.
I would say it depends on the world and the application.

The design system for vehicles is note very detailed, the fuel type is very much left up the Referee.

We know that with current technology we can build motor vehicles that run on various hydrocarbons (oil-derived, coal-derived, agriculture-derived), hydrogen, and batteries.

A vehicle carried on a spacecraft would likely use hydrogen or batteries, rather than difficult to source hydrocarbons.