Drinax and the 5th Frontier War

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
MonkeyX
Weasel

Drinax and the 5th Frontier War

Postby MonkeyX » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:14 am

As mentioned in another thread, the 5th Frontier War takes place just two years into the Drinax campaign. Has anyone referenced the hostilities during these adventures or has it just been ignored? I’m thinking of using it a a distraction for the Imperium allowing them to lose focus on Drinax for the duration.
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Drinax and the 5th Frontier War

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:37 pm

I don't use any settings from previous brands of Traveller. Except for Azun, which I rebooted.
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Drinax and the 5th Frontier War

Postby Reynard » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm

The majority of the war occurs in the coreward region of the Spinward March sector so the Duke isn't planning on sending fleets to deal with a few pirates and the Zho will be busy using their forces to crush their foe where it matters.. The colonial and subsector elements will be on alert for Aslans using the war to probe and disrupt. Pirates may feel a little more attention especially if their actions are causing local conditions to be unstable with what looks like increasing commerce raiding by an unknown element or planetary populations changing alignments.

Encounters with Zhos in the Trojan Reaches should be a surprise and a unique opportunity.