Tables/Info on times and difficulties for Modifiying Ships

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
coreyvw
Cub

Tables/Info on times and difficulties for Modifiying Ships

Postby coreyvw » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:54 pm

I am running Pirates of Drinax and the players have the Harrier and a beat Far Trader. They have done some successful buying and selling and have the ship shares to spend on the Harrier. I don’t see times or costs or difficulties listed to say add a turret, state rooms, boarding mechanisms, etc. These variables would surly be modified by tech, port type, if the players are performing the work or if they have to pay others, etc. Is there a supplement or some home brew stuff or ideas out there for this? It’s going to be something that is done semi often through out this very long advernture I am sure.
AnotherDilbert
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Tables/Info on times and difficulties for Modifiying Ships

Postby AnotherDilbert » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:02 pm

I use this as a guideline:
MgT Trillion Credit Squadron, p16 wrote: Minor refits are changes to any other components aboard the ship, such as weapon mounts or staterooms. Removing these components costs 0.1 times the cost of the original system, while removing them and then installing new ones costs 1.1 times the cost of the new system. The time this takes is one tenth of the time required to build a new ship of the same size.
Condottiere
Chief Mongoose

Postby Condottiere » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:52 pm

You could increase the size of work teams, increase the collective skill sets, and/or increase the number of work teams, as long as they don't get in each other's way, which may depend on administrator skill.

And liaison.
coreyvw
Cub

Postby coreyvw » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks guys!