Great Rift Adventure 2: Deepnight Endeavour

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
sburchett
Shrew

Re: Great Rift Adventure 2: Deepnight Endeavour

Postby sburchett » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:18 pm

msprange wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 am
I'll talk to the graphics girls and see what they have got!
Any good news for us? :D
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:19 am

sburchett wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:18 pm
Any good news for us? :D
It will be a little while yet - they have their noses deep in the Element cruisers at the moment, and I don't want to disrupt their flow :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
sburchett
Shrew

Postby sburchett » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Ah, of course! I await your convenience.

sTiVo
sburchett
Shrew

Postby sburchett » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm

I have a question about the deck plans: where do you go to board the fuel shuttles?

I see that they are mounted on the ventral area of the PSM, but I see no way to access them.

Am I just missing it?

Thanks!

sTiVo
sburchett
Shrew

Postby sburchett » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:07 pm

(I just looked at the above post and realized that I must seem a bit of a nutter, seeing as how those fuel shuttles don't even exist in the scenario. I plan to use the ship design (though not this particular ship) in a future campaign, or later in this one.)

Well, I am up against it. I have about a month to finish the deckplans, i.e., furnishings, etc., before I will be to the point of needing to run The Deepnight Endeavour.

I have it mostly ready, but would really like to have it right. I see my players really enjoying thoroughly exploring the ship and attempting to eradicate the alien infestation.

I did learn a few new things about Photoshop in the process of drawing the plans. Straighten and Skew come in quite handy in converting the iso drawings to top-down so as to have something to base my drawing off of in Illustrator... I thoroughly enjoyed it.

As I alluded to, though, I would like it to be correct and complete.

Thanks!

sTiVo
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:22 pm

sburchett wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm
I have a question about the deck plans: where do you go to board the fuel shuttles?

I see that they are mounted on the ventral area of the PSM, but I see no way to access them.

Am I just missing it?

Thanks!

sTiVo
Having just received the printed books today, I’m happy to tell you that the plans have been updated to show shuttle access points. I just hope it’s not too late for your campaign.

One access point is in the middle of the first row behind the workshops and supply stores, the next is three squares into the missile bays counting from the fore, also in the middle, and the final point is in the corridor just behind the power plant.
paltrysum
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby paltrysum » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:31 pm

sburchett wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:07 pm
I did learn a few new things about Photoshop in the process of drawing the plans. Straighten and Skew come in quite handy in converting the iso drawings to top-down so as to have something to base my drawing off of in Illustrator... I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ah, a PhotoShop/Illustrator brother-in-arms. I've done a bunch of 2D deck plans that I used skew and rotate to make into those lovely isometric deck plans. I've also illustrated a few extra 3D icons. If you're at all interested in using them, here's a share on Google docs:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

There's an armory, a sealed air/raft, and two ATV looks. Hopefully they meet your standards. :)
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
sburchett
Shrew

Postby sburchett » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:36 pm

The deck plans were updated? May we have the updated version, please?
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Yes, deckplans and some other details were updated for the print version, I assume (and hope) thatxthe pdfs will be updated soon-ish as well.
sburchett
Shrew

Postby sburchett » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Ah: we always printed from the PDFs when I was at the advertising agency, as it avoided unnecessary problems at the printer.

I wait (mostly) patiently!
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:37 pm

I’m pretty sure these books are printed from digital originals too, it’s just that we don’t have access to those files yet.