What should I do?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Banded Mongoose

What should I do?

Postby JMISBEST » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:12 pm

Out of boredom I did Adventure 1 of Drinax for a group whose GM has Flu, they did it brill, they rolled A 2D6-1 for Persuade /1 and Edu +2 or +3 on A -4 roll with 9's both times to add both Miria and her Ship and The Armed and Armoured Merchant Ship to their fleet, they then, thanks to A -1 effect misjump and my GM friends custom Fuel-Dump Events Table, met Krssh's old ship at The Fuel Dump and passed A 2D6-3 for Diplomat /4 and SS+3 or +7 on A -10 roll with A 3rd 9 to get them to not go solo, let Krssh assume command and sign up with the characters, then captured Ferrik dead and his ship alive, so that's A fleet of 3 200 ton, 1 400 ton and 1 100 ton ships in the fleet almost right from the start as well as 2 planets almost guaranteed to join Drinax within 7 game years and 2.7 real-life months. Boy I've messed up, what would you suggest I make up for my mistake
DickTurpin
Mongoose

Re: What should I do?

Postby DickTurpin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 pm

I don't see the problem. Lucky rolls happen, so do unlucky rolls. Let the players enjoy their success just like they have to suffer their failures.

On the other hand, they now have to ride herd on several pirate crews that are used to doing their own thing. Keep the Morale/Loyalty situation in mind. If the crews do not get the rewards they expect then they could just as easily take their ships and go independent again. In an extreme case they could even turn on the players and try to take their ship away. A more likely scenario is that they might attack targets or commit atrocities that reflect badly on the players and may even undermine their plans.

The campaign is wide open, anything can happen. Just roll with the player's actions, both good and bad, and determine how the universe responds.