Are they paid enough and is the character a good enough leader?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Mongoose

Are they paid enough and is the character a good enough leader?

Postby JMISBEST » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 pm

I am doing A Solo Pirates of Drinax Campaign where I used modified versions of The Portfolio rules to give the player enough income to, hopefully, maintain at least 2 ships

The Harriers 12 crew all have A +4 DM in their key skills, A +2 DM in their none-key skills and get double normal wage, 2% of all illegal earnings, high quality food, high quality none-alcoholic drinks, good quality mead, access to good quality medicines, at least 5 days shore-leave a month and at least 3 weeks paid holiday a year. Is that enough?

Also my player choose 4 skills from A custom made skills table, he is A SS 15 Diplomat Noble and his Key Skill's are Diplomacy /3 and A +3 SS DM, Leadership /2 and A +3 SS DM, Tactics Piracy /2 and A +1 EDU DM, Vacc Suit /2 with A +1 Dex DM, Gun Combat -Energy Rifles /1 with A +1 Dex DM and Melee -Blade /1 with A +0 Str DM

Is my players character a good enough leader?
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Are they paid enough and is the character a good enough leader?

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:43 pm

It depends on who's role-playing that character.
JMISBEST
Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:56 pm

I mean is the character good enough to lead such a great crew?. Also do they get paid enough and The Players Portfolio Rolls where the best I've ever seen without cheating, is worth Cr 85,000,000 and nets him Cr 487,500 per month, and that's right from the start
Condottiere
Chief Mongoose

Postby Condottiere » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:11 pm

If you treat it like a startup, with plenty of potential for growth, advancement for ambitious and capable individuals, and share options.