Iron Spine: Infiltrating the Glorious Empire (Adventure)

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
paltrysum
Mongoose

Iron Spine: Infiltrating the Glorious Empire (Adventure)

Postby paltrysum » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:05 pm

In addition to my gazillion planetary write-ups, I've written a few adventures. I'd like to share my favorite one which I have titled "Iron Spine":

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18lo ... sp=sharing

This adventure is actually Part 2 of a trilogy that takes the travellers deep into the heart of the Glorious Empire, but the first part is currently in a bit of disarray. Once I eventually get around to cleaning house on Part 1, I will post that as well. Part 3 is only a gleam in my eye at this point, but will likely deal with the tragic state of the Tryaoke system.

Any and all feedback is welcome! I have not run this adventure yet and I have asked my players to avoid reading it here lest they spoil their experience. My hope is that you guys can help me clean up any issues it might have and perhaps even add some more cool things. Thanks for looking!
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
allanimal
Banded Mongoose

Re: Iron Spine: Infiltrating the Glorious Empire (Adventure)

Postby allanimal » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Thanks for posting. I haven't had a chance to read it in depth, but from what I skimmed, it looks great. I hope you'll publish the rest of the trilogy as well!
paltrysum
Mongoose

Postby paltrysum » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Thanks for having a look! I just noticed that the MgT2 version of Yeróilra now matches travellermap.com, which lists the planet as TL 7, not TL 11 (which is where Mongoose had it in MgT1). I will be adjusting the adventure and my previous write-up of the planet to match the updated UWP. I actually think it makes the story even more plausible, given that at TL-7, they will be very desperate for technological aid.

I think the Glorious Empire and surrounds is a really cool place to stage an adventure. Such a hostile and venomous bunch of Aslan. :evil:

I will definitely post the other two parts in the near future. In lieu of a proper preview, Part 1 happens primarily on Tktk, and deals with a Glorious Empire plan to capture some much-needed technical talent (sounds a little similar to Mongoose's upcoming "Great Rift Adventure 3: Flatlined," but that is purely coincidence!) The capture and enslavement of technical talent is a riff that plays in several regions of the Trojan Reach, so it stands to reason that it could happen many places.

The third and final part will have an "Underground Railroad" feel to it as the travellers, along with a group of liberated slaves, go to Tryaoke, where the Hierate is trying to figure out what to do with 8 billion intractable human slaves, and then proceeds to Camoran, which is an oddity in Hierate space: an Imperial client state in the middle of Aslan territory. I've got some really off-the-wall ideas about how that is even possible. Suffice it to say the humans of Camoran are very spacebound for the most part. I'm planning on incorporating MgT2's fighter rules for this story which will have a sort of "Battle of Britain" feel to it. Hopefully at least two travellers in the campaign have pilot skill and perhaps two others with gunnery. I hope to make them regret that they didn't put a point or two in Pilot (Small Craft) instead of Starships, where most people put it. :)
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
allanimal
Banded Mongoose

Postby allanimal » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Very intruguing. I look forward to seeing the rest of the trilogy. If the PCs in my drinax campaign ever make it out that way, I may just see if this can be worked in.