Trojan Reach World Profiles (UWP) Discrepancies

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
deejaay
Shrew

Trojan Reach World Profiles (UWP) Discrepancies

Postby deejaay » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:39 pm

I noticed discrepancies in the world profiles UWP listed in the Pirates of Drinax and Core books. I am looking for guidance on which one to use as the standard for running a Pirates of Drinax campaign.
(All references are from latest PDF downloads to avoid earlier publishing edits or versions----PDF pulled on 11-11-2017)

Example of a discrepancy :
Ace E7A08B9-8 Core Book PDF Pg. 231
Ace E7A08B9-5 PoDx Appendix PDF Pg. 1
Ace E7A08B9-8 ePoster_side_B PDF
Ace E7A0889-9 The Trojan Reach PDF Pg. 158
Ace E7A0889-9 The Trojan Reach PDF Pg. 163

As mentioned earlier, the examples above are from the latest PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG 11-11-2017. I have earlier PDF downloads that contradict the current PDF of the same name.
This gets a little confusing when the players are needing specific profile attributes to scheme elaborate plans. I was hoping to see a majority of the same profile codes to make a decision on which pdf to adhere to but it's spread out enough where I need some clarification on this.
I was going to default to the Trojan Reach PDF as my truth but it gets even more confusing with the possibility that someone could have mistaken a 'B' for an '8" within that PDF version.

Needing guidance or Mathew to clarify which one I should stick to.

Thank you all for any comments or suggestions.

Deej
"Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?"
DickTurpin
Mongoose

Re: Trojan Reach World Profiles (UWP) Discrepancies

Postby DickTurpin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:03 am

I cannot answer your question, but I can toss another datapoint into the mix. I believe that Traveller Map is supposed to be the official source of world UWPs and it has Ace listed as E7A08B9 – 8.

If I had to make a ruling on the issue, I would go with the CRB and Traveller Map.
ochd
Stoat

Postby ochd » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:11 pm

FWIW, for my campaign I'm going to be using the poster map -- once the printed version arrives (I see it's now been pushed back to January, grrrr) -- as the point of reference for the players. Thus the UWPs on there will represent the basic data they are getting from their ship's computer library data, etc. If that conforms with what Travellermap says, even better. Of course, the reality may vary once they arrive in system.

If the players notice that some data lists the government type as B while others list it as 8, you could turn it into an in-game discrepancy: perhaps there's disagreement among the official guides about whether Ace is run by bureaucrats or is in fact a dictatorship.

Dan.
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 am

Use the poster, CRB, and Travellermap - E7A08B9-8
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
InexorableTash
Weasel

Postby InexorableTash » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:00 pm

⑆ SPECIAL ADVISORY TO ALL TRAVELLER NEWS SERVICE SUBSCRIBERS

¶ The Travellers’ Aid Society has issued a correction for information regarding several worlds in the Trojan Reach sector on the Imperial frontier. Updated statistics can be found in library data, available free to TAS members and for a nominal fee for non-members. Inquire at the TAS office at your local starport.

¶ TAS members who exercised a High Passage benefit for transport to one of the affected worlds may be eligible for a complementary High Passage benefit. Visit your local TAS office within the next 50 weeks with proof of transport to claim this benefit.

Ω

Transportation arrangements are another Imperium-wide benefit of membership in the Travellers’ Aid Society - Faithfully Serving Members Since The Year 0. TAS facilities are available at your local class A or B starport.