Caldos: The Oasis That Was

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
paltrysum
Mongoose

Caldos: The Oasis That Was

Postby paltrysum » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:08 am

Finally got around to finishing another Trojan Reach system write-up. This time the featured system is Caldos, a blighted little planet on the Dustbelt:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AHh ... sp=sharing

This one was a challenge to write. I had some big ideas I wanted to incorporate and I hope they come across in the text. I might tinker with it a little over time. I hope you all enjoy it. Feedback, as always, is welcome. :D
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
AnotherDilbert
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: Caldos: The Oasis That Was

Postby AnotherDilbert » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks, downloaded!
Cheesy_Nacho
Shrew

Postby Cheesy_Nacho » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks printed and just about to be digested.

:shock:
NOLATrav
Stoat

Postby NOLATrav » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:26 am

Really quite good! Excellent work, as ever. At first blush I thought oh crap, 2,500 years of history? but I'll tell you what - it was inspired and inspiring and really does make the world in the current day come alive. The early map is quite a nice touch.

I have one nit-pick: the 200-years late planetoid felt forced to me. Don't think it's really necessary after all they've been through, nor is it necessary to get to the current-day situation.

Having said that, that drone could still be making it's way towards Caldos....

Thank you for this!

cheers
paltrysum
Mongoose

Postby paltrysum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:12 am

NOLATrav wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:26 am
I have one nit-pick: the 200-years late planetoid felt forced to me. Don't think it's really necessary after all they've been through, nor is it necessary to get to the current-day situation.

Having said that, that drone could still be making it's way towards Caldos....

Thank you for this!
You're very welcome! Good nitpick. The final impact crater might be a little bit of overkill. Things seem tough enough on our poor Caldosians without exposing them to another century of nuclear winter. I might just extract that bit of history. Thanks for the feedback.
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."