High Guard Boarding Action Rules

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
allanimal
Banded Mongoose

High Guard Boarding Action Rules

Postby allanimal » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:27 pm

IN the CRB on p.163, there is the statement:
High Guard includes detailed rules for conducting boarding actions on the Personal scale, allowing you to play through a blow-by-blow scenario that sees the Travellers taking over an enemy ship or desperately trying to repel boarders.
I'm flipping through my copy of High Guard, and not finding these detailed boarding action rules.
Am I just missing it (I do need new glasses, so a possibility)?
Can someone point to where these rules are located?
GarethL
Mongoose

Re: High Guard Boarding Action Rules

Postby GarethL » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Every reference I can see refers to the table in the main rulebook, or simply refers to using deck plans as the basis for personal combat.
allanimal
Banded Mongoose

Postby allanimal » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:36 pm

GarethL wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:17 pm
Every reference I can see refers to the table in the main rulebook, or simply refers to using deck plans as the basis for personal combat.
Ok, so it's not just me. It isn't in there. Bummer, the last boarding action we did using the CRB rules was anticlimactic. I was excited when I saw that comment in the CRB about High Guard to see how it could be made more exciting...
Welf
Cub

Postby Welf » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 am

Would be interesting to know if this is still planned for any future supplement?
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:28 pm

The original plan was to have a full boarding action system in High Guard but, as it underwent development, it became very clear that this should be a supplement (or even full game) in its own right. It is still very much on the cards and something we will be looking at again next year.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com