Explore The Great Rift style.

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JBRocky
Stoat

Explore The Great Rift style.

Postby JBRocky » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:14 pm

I know this would not be able to be included in "The Great Rift" but I was wondering if other places might be available in another product?

Place I would like to see is the Zodani Core Expeditions and the Solomani Exploring the Rim.
msprange
Site Admin

Re: Explore The Great Rift style.

Postby msprange » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Funny you should mention the Core Expeditions :)

These areas will not be covered soon, but they are on the cards...
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
paltrysum
Mongoose

Re: Explore The Great Rift style.

Postby paltrysum » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:15 am

A "rim expedition." Great idea, JBRocky!

I've been plowing through Iain Banks "Culture" series (some of the best sci-fi I have ever read, by the way), in which starships travel to the other nearby galaxies as well as traversing through all of our own. While the limitations of jump drive make that an impossibility in Traveller, the idea of traveling to the rim and looking across the void at other galaxies, a Solomani expedition perhaps, sounds pretty interesting. What could be out there? Are there aliens there? Have aliens come from the Andromeda Galaxy or one of the Magellanic Clouds to the rimward edge using hyperdrive or warp? All interesting campaign possibilities.

Tying it back to Traveller, the "Exploring Deep Space" teaser from the Great Rift pack gives you some cool tools to get started on a campaign like this. Hopefully the set gives you more tools to use for such stories whether or not you want to adventure in Reft, Corridor, or Touchstone.
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."