Starship Design: TL-11 Sundowner-class Solomani Free Trader

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
paltrysum
Mongoose

Starship Design: TL-11 Sundowner-class Solomani Free Trader

Postby paltrysum » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Here's my take on the Sundowner, a mainstay of Solomani space that's depicted in both DGP's "Solomani and Aslan" and in Mongoose's Solomani books:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZXp ... sp=sharing

This variant, the "Callisto," has a few modifications that are listed in the description. Be sure to scroll to page 2 for the isometric deck plans. Very fun to create those using Mongoose's icons package! If there's interest, I'll create the standard version as well.
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
AnotherDilbert
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: Starship Design: TL-11 Sundowner-class Solomani Free Trader

Postby AnotherDilbert » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Cool.

Nice deckplan! It makes me a bit uneasy that the passengers are not separated from the crew, and only an iris valve away from bridge and engineering...

You should probably specify and pay for the tech upgrades on the drives? Note that you basically use state of the art drives for TL11, so you really do not have that many tech upgrades available. For a freighter Budget drives can save you quite some money.

Full hangars take 200% of the carried craft @ MCr 0.2 / Dt, so 40 Dt and MCr 8? You gain a lot of cargo space with a Docking Space.
paltrysum
Mongoose

Postby paltrysum » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 pm

The deck plan is actually a swipe of the one in MgT1 "Alien Module 5: Solomani," with some modifications. It is an odd deck plan, isn't it? In addition to the lack of separation between the passengers and crew, there's that looooooong hallway in the back. Strange bird.

Great suggestions on the docking space. The only reason I can imagine wasting space is an overemphasis on passenger comfort. The air/raft and weapons are also additions to the original plan.
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
JMISBEST
Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Good ship

Keep up the good work
ShawnDriscoll
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 am

I like that art style.
steve98052
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby steve98052 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:33 pm

I like that style of presentation for the deck plan, but it sure comes out blurry on my phone screen. Maybe I should have another look at it from a computer and see how it looks there.