Suggested prices or their equivalent?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
JMISBEST
Mongoose

Suggested prices or their equivalent?

Postby JMISBEST » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:23 pm

I plan to have my Uber-Race make vast use of various lesser races that have been a type of slave underclass for so long that 94% of their races have accepted and are happy and used to their lot

The intent being that The Pcs can do thinks for this Uber-Race that will earn them favour points that they can use to acquire in-game rewards in the form of ships massing up to 10,900 tons that are more advanced then anything in The Imperium and can easily destroy ships double their size and have a change against ships almost 3.5 times their size, are crewed by slaves that are happy and content with their lot, provided treated decently, having Hydrophonics bases massing up to 1 5th the ships size that can produce good quality foods, average quality beer and mead and slightly below average quality champagne and have facilities for turning unneeded foods and hops into seeds, and can produce Anagathics, thus allowing the ships to exist in space without going to a starport, in theory, for only the 2 to 3 weeks per 2 years, not 1 year that these ships need maintenance for, but these ships are Ex Museum Relics

Ideas for prices for trading Drinax Treasures or rough ideas for minimum and maximum favour points suggestions for such ships or both and ideas for other nations and reactions to Drinax keeping this kind of thing secret
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Suggested prices or their equivalent?

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:18 am

I like these blanket ideas from nowhere that you post.
"I have this cool idea for a movie, with lots of mega-space stuff everywhere going on in it. Write me a script please."

The answer for your ship price: MCr 500,000.
baithammer
Banded Mongoose

Postby baithammer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:10 am

Pg. 150 in the MGT 2ed main book lists the tonnage of parts required to repair critical hits which is the result of a failed maintenance roll, so make sure the ship has workshops and enough spare parts to cover the period of time the ship is expected to operate.
JMISBEST
Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks for the price

What would you suggest for ideas for gaining favour points that can be cashed in to acquire ships from this Uber-Races Museums and ideas on how many could be cashed in per 100 tons of ship. Starting at 1,100 ton TL 13 Scoutships that haven't been used in at least 3,359 years, but are more advance, Tech-level wise, then 88% of The Imperial and Aslan Ships in The Trojan Reach