Now you've done it

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
tytalan
Stoat

Now you've done it

Postby tytalan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Many many years ago I ran a very good Megatraveller game. Than TNE came out and I was in a low money place so even though I liked some of the setting I was not able to really pay for many of the books or had the time to run them. Time moves on and for one reason or another I haven't ran Traveller in about 20 years. Shoot I haven't ran anything in 5. Do for the last 6 months I've been working an 3 different campaigns in 3 different systems, 4th D&D Darksun, Adventure, and Shadowrun. Than I see this kick starter for the great Rift that I can get all of the books with for a little extra. So now I'm working on a fourth campaign in the Rebellion setting using Mongoose 2edition Traveller.
paltrysum
Mongoose

Re: Now you've done it

Postby paltrysum » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Welcome back!
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
SSWarlock
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SSWarlock » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 am

I admit I was rabidly pro-MT until MongTrav came out with 1e. I still waffled a bit then 2e was released and MT went into storage for me.
Sir Dhaven Hevelin, IOD, Baronet of Fulacin
Owner/Captain - S.S. Warlock

Playing Traveller/RQ/D&D since 1977
tytalan
Stoat

Postby tytalan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:18 am

I love the setting to much to store it but I think MgT will work fine as a rule set
Sigtrygg
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Sigtrygg » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:44 am

MT Hard Times remains one of my all time favourite periods in the OTU-prime timeline to set adventures in.

We will have to see how the OTU-MgT plays out, but my suggestion would be to fast forward to the Hard Times era for PC scale adventures, while glossing over the ten years of Rebellion, assuming the Rebellion happens at all.

Let us know how the game plays out :)
SSWarlock
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SSWarlock » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:20 am

tytalan wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:18 am
I love the setting to much to store it but I think MgT will work fine as a rule set
My mistake, I was referring to the MT game engine rather than the setting. The setting is still #1 with me and will always be. There's so much to it!
Sir Dhaven Hevelin, IOD, Baronet of Fulacin
Owner/Captain - S.S. Warlock

Playing Traveller/RQ/D&D since 1977