Question about Reactions

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
alkibiades
Weasel

Question about Reactions

Postby alkibiades » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:47 am

The Core Rulebook states:
However, every time a Traveller performs a Reaction, he will suffer DM-1 on his next set of actions.
Does said set of actions include other reactions as well or just the next regular significant/minor action?

For example a char is getting attacked three times and dodges every attack in a round before his next turn. Will each reaction after the first one will get a DM-1 or will those three dodges cumulate up to a DM-3 solely on the actions of his regular turn?
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Question about Reactions

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:39 pm

If any reactions are performed, the Traveller suffers a -1 DM for any actions performed on their next turn.
AnotherDilbert
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby AnotherDilbert » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:19 pm

The DMs are cumulative.
A Traveller who is dodging will in ict a penalty equal to his DEX DM or Athletics (dexterity), whichever is higher, to his attacker’s attack roll. Every attack must be dodged separately, so if a Traveller is shot at by two enemies in the same round, he can dodge both but will suffer DM-2 on his next actions.
I have taken it to mean the next set of regular actions, i.e. the next turn.
allanimal
Banded Mongoose

Postby allanimal » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:27 pm

Since dodging does not require a dice roll, there is no way to add a DM to it. Just like if you spend your next turn moving, there is no penalty because there is no roll
Other reactions, if they require a skill roll, I would say would get the penalty,as well as the actions on your next turn.
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Depends on the Reaction. Some apply a -2 DM or a -1 DM to your next Actions. Or Actions may not even be allowed on your next turn.