[GK Games] Wendy's Guide to the Fleets of Franklin Subsector

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Gypsy Knights Games
Greater Spotted Mongoose

[GK Games] Wendy's Guide to the Fleets of Franklin Subsector

Postby Gypsy Knights Games » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Wendy's Guide to the Fleets of Franklin Subsector is coming in PDF form from Gypsy Knights Games on August 4!

Here's a preview of the cover featuring the Ledford-class destroyer from Tal'Kalares (Franklin 0105). The Ledford-class will be detailed in the "Ships of Clement Sector" fashion within the pages of the book along with details concerning all of the fleets of Franklin Subsector.

Art by Ian Stead. Cover design by Stephanie McAlea.

And don't forget that all of our Clement Sector PDFs are currently 25% off during Drive-thru's "Christmas In July" sale. The sale lasts until July 31.

John Watts
Gypsy Knights Games

Home of the Clement Sector setting.

Our website. Our news blog.

On Twitter @GKGames , Google + as Gypsy Knights Games and Facebook as GypsyKnights Games
phavoc
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: [GK Games] Wendy's Guide to the Fleets of Franklin Subsector

Postby phavoc » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:25 pm

This looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it!
steve98052
Banded Mongoose

Postby steve98052 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Is there a real life Wendy namesake for these books, or is it just a play on the real world Jane's books without a specific namesake?
Gypsy Knights Games
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Gypsy Knights Games » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:59 pm

steve98052 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:55 pm
Is there a real life Wendy namesake for these books, or is it just a play on the real world Jane's books without a specific namesake?
A bit of both. The real Wendy is my wife but it is also intended as a bit of a play on the Jane's books as well.

Wendy's Naval Weekly is a fictional organization within the Clement Sector setting. They keep an eye on the sector's militaries, wars, pirate activity, and the like in order to report this information to civilian starship captains (and anyone else who cares to read it).

While this is possibly unrelated to your question, I will go ahead and answer the most popular questions that I get on Facebook concerning this series.

1) Yes, I am well aware that "Jane" in real life is a man's last name and not a woman's first name.

2) Yes, I am well aware that "Wendy's" is a fast food chain in the United States. I live in the U.S. and I enjoy their burgers from time to time.
John Watts
Gypsy Knights Games

On Twitter @GKGames , Google + as Gypsy Knights Games and Facebook as GypsyKnights Games
steve98052
Banded Mongoose

Postby steve98052 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:21 pm

That's fun. I knew that the Jane of Jane's was a man's surname, but the burger company didn't even occur to me. I think the last time I ate at one, classic Traveller was still known as just Traveller.
Gypsy Knights Games
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Gypsy Knights Games » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:50 am

steve98052 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:21 pm
That's fun.
Well, we try to produce great products and have fun doing it. :)
John Watts
Gypsy Knights Games

Gypsy Knights Games
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Gypsy Knights Games » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:09 pm

First, let me remind everyone that the final days of DTRPG's "Christmas in July" sale are here! So don't miss your opportunity to save 25% on all Gypsy Knights Games' PDF products. You can find our products here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/xmas_in_jul ... #selectpub

Here we see NEFS Artemis and NEFS Sif of the Tal'Kalares Royal Navy patrolling the Alpha Belt, an asteroid belt in the Tal'Kalares system (Franklin 0105). The ships are Ledford-class frigates.

The Ledford-class frigate, the Tal'Kalares Royal Navy, and all of the navies and system defense forces of Franklin Subsector will be detailed in Gypsy Knights Games' Wendy's Guide to the Fleets of Franklin Subsector which will be available in PDF on August 4.

Art by Ian Stead.

John Watts
Gypsy Knights Games

Gypsy Knights Games
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Gypsy Knights Games » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Wendy's Guide to the Fleets of Franklin Subsector is now available!

Incoming Intelligence Brief, Captain!

It is often said that war is 90% information and, in 24th century Clement Sector, it is no different. While most governments have intelligence agencies which provide this sort of information, the general public relies on Wendy's Naval Weekly as the premier source of naval information. Most starship captains have Wendy's Naval Weekly on their handcomps or mindcomps.

Based on Cascadia, with offices established on all the major worlds of each subsector, Wendy’s Naval Weekly has continued to publish monthly reports and annual summaries on naval development, technologies and defense news throughout the entirety of Clement Sector since the Collapse event ten years ago.

Wendy’s Guide to the Fleets of Franklin Subsector is the third of a series that collates all available information to provide a comprehensive overview of Clement Sector navies and their fleets. Each book will focus on a single subsector. Each of these books will briefly outline a system’s navy or defense force, provide some insight to how that organization functions and provide a list of the ships or in-system vessels that are reported to be in commission.

Now that information is available to you!

This book provides information on all of the fleets of Franklin Subsector, every ship currently operated in those fleets, doctrines, and even their uniforms. The book also contains an in-depth discussion of the Ledford-class Frigate operated by the Tal'Kalares Royal Navy providing all of the detail you've come to expect from our Ships of Clement Sector series.

Get your briefing today!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/218 ... -Subsector

John Watts
Gypsy Knights Games