Seeking infos about alien species, the 3rd Empire and other empires/federations

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
alkibiades
Weasel

Seeking infos about alien species, the 3rd Empire and other empires/federations

Postby alkibiades » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 pm

I'm very new to Traveller. Actually stumbled over this fine RPG two weeks ago with the Starter Set. Regarding Setting informations and aliens it refers to some Traveller Companion which is obviously not existant. Is there any other source or book giving me deeper insight into races and cultures of the 3rd Imperium and surrounding charted areas?
Sigtrygg
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: Seeking infos about alien species, the 3rd Empire and other empires/federations

Postby Sigtrygg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Buy the Classic Traveller cd from FFE - it has every official rulebook, supplement, alien module and adventure ever printed for classic Traveller by GDW. At $35 it is the best source of information about the Third Imperium setting.
AndrewW
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Seeking infos about alien species, the 3rd Empire and other empires/federations

Postby AndrewW » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:02 pm

alkibiades wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 pm
I'm very new to Traveller. Actually stumbled over this fine RPG two weeks ago with the Starter Set. Regarding Setting informations and aliens it refers to some Traveller Companion which is obviously not existant. Is there any other source or book giving me deeper insight into races and cultures of the 3rd Imperium and surrounding charted areas?
The Traveller Companion exists, it just hasn't been published yet. There are upcoming projects that will provide more information Can also take a look at the older stuff (such as the Alien Modules and sector books). Besides the Classic Traveller collection already mentioned, for the surrounding area you can see:

https://travellermap.com/

You can also try:

http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Main_Page
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Reynard » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Look around and you might find any of the numerous Alien Module supplements produced by Mongoose for their first edition. Still have lots of information convertible to MgT2e.