MgT 2e Missile Damage

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
edpovi
Shrew
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 9:10 pm

MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby edpovi » Wed May 31, 2017 1:40 am

I just noticed a difference in the rules for Missile Damage

on page 162 about "Impact" the last part of the section reads...
... (the Effect cannot exceed the number of missiles in the salvo).
However, reading the PDF version, this text is missing!

Based on the PDF reading of that section, it is possible for a hit from a missile salvo of one to do: (4D - armor) x 5 damage. [roll 8+ with DM +1 for number of Missiles => 12 +1 = 13 - 8 = Effect 5]
Was this intended errata?

My gut reaction is that the limit in the printed book seems logical.
arcador
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Re: MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby arcador » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:28 am

In my .pdf the text exists.

Where did you get yours?

As regarding the gameplay - limiting effect to the number of missiles is a good mechanic (already tested several times).

Missiles, unlike MgT1, are a viable strategy now (but expensive).
ShawnDriscoll
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 2819
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby ShawnDriscoll » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:00 am

edpovi wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 1:40 am
I just noticed a difference in the rules for Missile Damage

on page 162 about "Impact" the last part of the section reads...
... (the Effect cannot exceed the number of missiles in the salvo).
However, reading the PDF version, this text is missing!

Based on the PDF reading of that section, it is possible for a hit from a missile salvo of one to do: (4D - armor) x 5 damage. [roll 8+ with DM +1 for number of Missiles => 12 +1 = 13 - 8 = Effect 5]
Was this intended errata?

My gut reaction is that the limit in the printed book seems logical.
Sounds like the PDF rules are from the 2e playtest. Maybe you can get an updated PDF of the rules from where you bought them?
AnotherDilbert
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3462
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:49 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby AnotherDilbert » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:28 pm

My Drivethru library contains three core book pdfs. Two with the limitation, one without.

Don't use the "Traveller_Core_Rulebook_erratajun2016_Ebook.pdf"?
bluekieran
Mongoose
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:42 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby bluekieran » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 am

AnotherDilbert wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:28 pm
My Drivethru library contains three core book pdfs. Two with the limitation, one without.

Don't use the "Traveller_Core_Rulebook_erratajun2016_Ebook.pdf"?
That's the only one I can download from Drivethru, bar the B&W printer-friendly version...
AnotherDilbert
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3462
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:49 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby AnotherDilbert » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:15 am

I see:
Traveller_Core_Rulebook_BW_PRINTFRIENDLY.pdf
Traveller_Core_eBook.pdf
Traveller_Core_Rulebook_erratajun2016_Ebook.pdf


I generally use the print friendly version, it's easier to read and much faster on tablets etc.

The "Traveller_Core_Rulebook_erratajun2016_Ebook.pdf" version seems dodgy.
h1ro
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:06 pm
Location: Co Front Range

Re: MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby h1ro » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:25 am

My DTRPG has the same as AnotherDilbert and I too use the print friendly version as it's far quicker to turn a page using Preview on my (mid 2012) MacBook Pro.
bluekieran
Mongoose
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:42 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby bluekieran » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:56 pm

AnotherDilbert wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:15 am
I see:
Traveller_Core_Rulebook_BW_PRINTFRIENDLY.pdf
Traveller_Core_eBook.pdf
Traveller_Core_Rulebook_erratajun2016_Ebook.pdf
I see Traveller_Core_Ebook.pdf, but when I download from that I get the erratajun2016 file.

I may try downloading the B&W anyhow as I do use tablets somewhat.
AnotherDilbert
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3462
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:49 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: MgT 2e Missile Damage

Postby AnotherDilbert » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:10 pm

bluekieran wrote: I see Traveller_Core_Ebook.pdf, but when I download from that I get the erratajun2016 file.
Wierd, I tried downloading "Traveller_Core_eBook.pdf" just now and I get the right file. Have you tried downloading all the files at the same time?

bluekieran wrote: I may try downloading the B&W anyhow as I do use tablets somewhat.
It is plain black text on plain white background, much better to read. I like it.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests